The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left work at 16:00 on Friday and drove to the Lough intending to stay there for the weekend

set up the tent and had a bite to eat and started fishing the last few hours of light

I fished along the shore it was a beautiful evening with hardly a breath of wind and a bit of a sea fog coming down ... as I neared the end of the beach I saw a fish move in a weed bed

Shot a line to him and stripped twice.. then bang fish on

I love fishing for sea trout they give such a good account of themselves after a stunning aerobatic display I managed to land it

50cm bar of silver ... a quick photo and back he went

Caught on a Bug Bond sandeel

I fished on for an hour but didn't see any more fish ..setting my alarm for 04:00 I retired for the night

The next morning I awoke to torrential rain and a NE gale blowing ... took a look out the tent door and decided sod that and went back to sleep ..got up again at 08:00 and went for a drive to see if I could find anywhere fishable , but water clarity had gone to hell so I came home

Might head out again in the morning

Andy

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Stunning fish Andy..best of luck with the weather mate.!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one Andy, you're well hard camping out! That sandeel is a thing of beauty.
Tim

After years spent camping on beaches ... I now have the ultimate in luxury

EEzi Awn roof tent , 110 litre fridge freezer,, cooker , sink ,50 litres of water and an eberspacher heater in the landrover that pipes hot air into the tent ...

I built that setup a few years ago after spending twenty odd years in sand filled tents . with sandhoppers bouncing off my nose in the middle of the night :D

Andy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its fine .. in fact its less noisey than any normal tents i've used .. its made of very heavy canvas with an aluminium sub frame.
If I'm only staying for a night ,,I don't usually bother with the awning poles

It goes up in seconds .. just take the protective cover off ..pull down on the ladder and presto ....bit like a pram hood

Andy

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Andy,
Is that a Sanki trailer under all that? See you have a defender as well. I have a DISCO 3 and a lot of my mates on the Diso3.co.uk site have Sanki's with the roof top tents. They're unbelievable. One of the lads camped a Keilder lake last month when we had a charity offroad event for the Cumbrian Mountain Rescue Team. Had over a foot of snow but he was as warm as toast and beat all us softies staying in local Hotels to the start of the event. Looks an absolutely amazing piece of kit and you have the freedom to go anywhere and stop over if you want. Im envious mate.

Have you tried the west coast Donegal area for Bass? Is Rossnowlagh surf beach any good?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Fair play, that's the real deal for sure.

You'd need planning permission over here to put that up!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beautiful fish Andy,
Great looking set up as well.
I am sure there are many more to come.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
As long as you don't sleep walk!!!!

That looks brilliant!!! What a way to camp. I saw something similar in Australia, some people take their camping very seriously.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Trev

Yes its a modified Sankey .. I welded a 50x50 box frame to it .. then got a vinyl cover made . I need a new NATO towing eye as the one of the oil seals went and I cant get a replacement .. if you know of anyone that would part with one gimme a shout

Rossnowlagh throws up the occasional schoolie,,but i've never heard of anything big come off it

South East Coast is the best IMO .. from Wexford to West Cork

Andy

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Andy,
I know the very man to get you that part mate. You name it he makes it sump and diff protection plates, Sankey trailers to design etc etc. I'll see if he's online and get a quote for you.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Andy,
He's not online at the moment so have PM'd him. Will drop you a PM when I hear from him. We may even be able to use the D3 courier service and get the parts over to you free of charge if anyone is going over. One of the Lads owns a road haulage company in Wexford so may be able to take it across in one of the wagons.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Shoite !!! Only just caught up with this thread. That trailer tent thingy is amazing !!! Just when you think you have all the gear to go fishing, someone comes along with something amazing that gets ya thinking !!!!!

Superb Andy !!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Your a bit of a show off with that tent thingy Andy all fine and good until you have a drink or 3:lol: nice white trout..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts