The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents just wondered if anyone had tried this tinted flouro from stren and could give me some feedback-

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=4&ModelID=16571

Seems great value compared too others. Malc at ABC Beaumaris (our local dealer) is selling it for about £7.50 I think.
I've been using the varivas stuff from veals for about three years. It's been excellent but is twice the price.
Worth a try?

Cheers Nath.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
For me, price doesnt come into it for Fluro . . . i have to have complete confidence in it. I've been using Seaguar & Sakuma with no issues. I have also been using the Tenryu (pish yellow :shock:) stuff, and whilst it seems very abrasion resistant, the diameter is high versus the others.

Havent tried the one you mention Nath sorry.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've been using this in 70lb for rig bodies and 30lb for hooklengths in my b**t fishing for the last 2 or 3 years and have seen a decent improvement in fish caught over clear mono

Hadn't thought about using tinted leaders for lure fishing!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for all your replies guys!
I think I'll stick with the varivas stuff for the bassing.
If I do try it I'll let you know my thoughts.
Cheers Nath

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nathan,
I have to say that we tend to use FC for it's reduced visibility as well as it better durability, so coloured FC seems a bit odd to me.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Nathan,
I have to say that we tend to use FC for it's reduced visibility as well as it better durability, so coloured FC seems a bit odd to me.

I was reading something recently about some Fly Fishing guides, who were selecting different coloured Fluro's based on the water / light conditions. Cant remember exactly what they were saying about it, but i'll try & track it down.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Si,
When the japnese long liners start using coloured FC-then I will think about it. But FC was designed to be used in catching Tuna, which have exceptional eyesight, and they went for clear. I am not about to argue with the ocean emptying skills of the japanese.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Si,
When the japnese long liners start using coloured FC-then I will think about it. But FC was designed to be used in catching Tuna, which have exceptional eyesight, and they went for clear. I am not about to argue with the ocean emptying skills of the japanese.
Im no expert in this whatsoever Dave, just relaying what i saw somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts