The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a trip out this morning to try some lrf new lrf metals out to see how they faired against the tackle house naburas ive been using, straight away into the snipe
had a couple out, then switched to the naburas wasn't long before pollock were landed (didnt take any pics, none of any size) then swiched to 4"reins trotted down the current 2nd cast had this, only small(about 1.5lb) but gave a good account of itself on the light gear
not much to report really but its a fresh thead and it was nice being out in the morning sun after last weeks rain

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Carl, great effort :p

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Looks good to me Carl - 3 species on light gear? I would be happy! Can you tell us more about the metal lures for the snipe - we have plenty down our way but I've never targetted them (had a couple on plugs by accident).

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

was trying these out, but do prefer the tacklehouse naburas, these dangans are a bit thinner and broader, so sink slower think thats why i was getting the snipe, naburas are good but keep them higher in the water column, hope that helps, get a good scrap if you get a good size one on the lrf gear, def worth targeting for a bit of fun

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good fishing Carl Must have been fun I know the weather doesnt look good over next few days but I'd be happy with a few snipe. About time I got my smoker going again !

Neil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts