The Lure Forums banner

Sun Glasses

3K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  Mark Sleep 
#1 ·
Hi Guys
I had a cheap pair of sun glasses last year. They werent really that good and I had always being threatening to change them. Well this morning I have found myself with no choice as I have stood on them and created a pair of many many pieces!!

As with most things I am clueless as to what ones to purchase. I would be prepared to spend €150 ish on a pair.

Can anyone advise as what type to buy?
Links or pics would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
C

#4 ·
I too love my Maui Jims, I have the 'Offshore' in HCL Bronze and managed to get them fairly cheap off of Western Opticians, as the guy gives a 25% discount to WSF members, bargain!

#5 ·
Thanks guys....Ive already had a look at them.

However I would prefer if someone nominated a specific type that they have tried and trust. Its not that Im lazy...(well I am a bit) its just that I would not like to fork out the money on a pair that might not be exactly what Im after and be stuck with them then.

Thanks

#11 · (Edited)
Western Opticians are based in Basildon I believe, although I dealt with the guy by phone, he is called Colin Smith and his number is 01268 531420.

I bought mine off him in September of last year and they cost me £82.25 including P&P, I went for the offshore as I have a fat head, lol. Although the guys there were great and were happy to offer advice and even said I could return the glasses for a different pair if when I recieved mine, I didn't like the fit etc.

I went for the HCL bronze as I wanted an all round pair, rather several pairs for different conditions (overcast, bright sun light, etc) and as I understand it the bronze lens are the best all rounders for our climate.

Hope this helps.

#12 ·
Just remembered, Colins username on WSF is fisheyes, should anyone want to contact him on there, hope I am allowed to post that on here, please feel free to remove if I have broken any rules.

#15 ·
Prescription Polaroid’s

Has anyone got any experience of prescription Polaroid’s?
After faffing about with clip-on’s for a while I ended up at SpecSavers and got a prescription pair of varifocals. They seem great but I’ve not really got anything to compare them against.

#17 ·
Thanks Lee,,. much appreciated, i have a pair of serengetis but i may want a pair of HCL Bronze MJ's in the future...
Marc, you might be able to get them in the sunglasses shop in McArthur Glen..........I've seen them in a very similar shop in CribbsCauseway. Failing that, the OpticShop, Swansea & Cardiff I believe, stock the full range, get in there and try them on mate.

IMO, the glass lens offer better vision than the 'sport' polycarb lens, but its also more mula!

#18 ·
Marc, you might be able to get them in the sunglasses shop in McArthur Glen..........I've seen them in a very similar shop in CribbsCauseway. Failing that, the OpticShop, Swansea & Cardiff I believe, stock the full range, get in there and try them on mate.

IMO, the glass lens offer better vision than the 'sport' polycarb lens, but its also more mula!
Cheers Si', like i said i've got a pair of getti's for this season, but i wouldn't mind trying a pair of MJ's just to see how they compare..

#21 ·
i've got a pair of oakley eye jackets, classic style and suit big heads like me.
Best thing about oakley is the after sales service; I broke the frame wiping out a snowboard with the glasses in my pocket, gutted, went back to the shop on return to the uk, they said send them back they'll be replaced, sure enough they were, free of charge, incredible service. And although 80 odd quid seemed expensive at first for shades, that makes them a half price bargain
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.