The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads, does anybody know where I can get Sunline Rockfish PE braid, some shops in Australia stock it but they do not post to Ireland. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Bob

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lads, does anybody know where I can get Sunline Rockfish PE braid, some shops in Australia stock it but they do not post to Ireland. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Bob
Bob

Did you get any?

Nick

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Nick, arrived from Japan within 10days.The tides are ideal on tue and wed next so I will try for a Gilthead on the lures. That is the reason I purchased this Braid, some of the Smith Lures I purchased weigh 2grams and less so hopefully this will help me to get the distance needed. I have a Cormoran ULX 5-15gram rated rod that I got from *****, so hopefully they might do the trick. The 8lb braid is insanely thin when I loaded the reel. The bait lads had Gilthead Bream up to 4.5lb last small tide,I would love to get one on the lures. Nick if you have any trade secrets on lures softies that would nail a Gilthead; would be keen to hear back from you.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello Nick, arrived from Japan within 10days.The tides are ideal on tue and wed next so I will try for a Gilthead on the lures. That is the reason I purchased this Braid, some of the Smith Lures I purchased weigh 2grams and less so hopefully this will help me to get the distance needed. I have a Cormoran ULX 5-15gram rated rod that I got from *****, so hopefully they might do the trick. The 8lb braid is insanely thin when I loaded the reel. The bait lads had Gilthead Bream up to 4.5lb last small tide,I would love to get one on the lures. Nick if you have any trade secrets on lures softies that would nail a Gilthead; would be keen to hear back from you.
regards
Bob
Bob

Are you fishing from a boat or the shore?
the trick will be small lure just above the bottom
so drop shot, small jig heads etc
blade lures are good too

did you get it through the ebay link above?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Nick, purchased directly from link above. They do not charge for post. Fishing from the shore on a small estuary. I have some ecogear blades and some hard body shrimp imitations so hopefully they will work.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
297 Posts
Small SPs too
think gulp shrimp and minnows in 2" and 3" etc
and tiny paddletials, curl tails
along the lines of what the guys have been using for LRF recently!

Keep us posted - I MISS bream fishing with lures!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts