The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to be sent to the neighbouring island of Sark for 4 days work this week.
This meant 3 nights of exploring some fantastic new marks with the trusty travel rod.
Anything to keep me from the pub, and at £1.50 a pint the fishing needs to be good!

First evening I went to a great looking spot called The Eperquerie, nothing on the lures but plenty of huge mullet swimming around.
With the rising tide forcing a hasty exit I cycled down to the harbour.
First cast with a Xorus Sayori shad it was fish on!
After a wonderful tussle, a local guy called Jared went down thw steps and got my prize.
A pollack of about 5lb or so.
A few more smaller ones made for a great session.

Next evening I headed for Little Sark.
Again loads of buster mullet swimming and basking in the sun, but nothing interested in chewing plastic.
So a quick blast down the hill to the harbour and lo and behold word had got out.
You couldn't get near to the end of the jetty for chicken chuckers!
Never one for crowds I found a little spot and winkled out a couple of 3lb pollack.

Next evening it was back on the trusty push-hang (arse now bordering critical) and back to the Eperquerie.
Sadly the same result, just a load of mullet around and nothing predatory playing.
So back up the cliff path to another spot, La Greve de la Ville.

Apparently no'one fishes here, but the boulder strewn shallow rock mark looked the business to me.
After playing with a few ikely shallow divers my hand fll upon the Sebile Magic Swimmer.
A lure often overlooked by myself in the last couple of years, not any more!

First cast it was nailed 10 yards out and it was fish on.
Not a monster bass, but at about just over 2lb I was chuffed.
It was followed in on the fight by another, and I got that one 3 casts later.

One for my mate to say thanks for the loan of the bike, and one returned to say thank you to Sark.

Then I went to the pub!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's a pretty good way to stay out of the pub, Dickie. Cracking pollack too...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice one Dick. Not gonna argue with you when we meet up,not now i know you cycle up that hill in Sark.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one Dick. Not gonna argue with you when we meet up,not now i know you cycle up that hill in Sark.
Well, ahem, errr, I did get a lift once with a bloke with a tractor & trailer.

But the once I did it, it was a killer!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Fair play mate. Might be a nice place to do a bumble one of these days.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well done Dicky, you have to be fit to fish Sark, never fished from the shore there, plenty of times from a boat around Sark and Brecqhou though.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Cracking report Dicky, thats a stonking Pollack.

I've never been to Sark, but as Paul says, it looks like heaven for Wrasse and Pollack on SP's

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'll take some across on my boat, would be great if we had a good forecast one weekend.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ground (?) certainly looks great for wrasse and pollack. The water is crystal clear and amazingly deep right close in.
As you say though, you've gotta be willing to do some cycling and cliff walks (should be right up your street Keith)!

There are zillions of bream in the summer too. Congering and hussing should be fantastic too.

I'm trying to wangle 1 week a month there for work, starting asap!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts