The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
That's a strange little pink fish you caught there !! He nailed a big bait too eh ???

Seriously, nice one Ry !!:rofl::stupid:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
LOL.

More of the same next week please!!!

Good work Ry! Was he in tight to the wall, or further off?

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Big clip Ry, i tie straight to the little lures personally. its so much fun, i mean the other night there was a bunch of us fishing for fish like that, having a great laugh and all of us have had big specimen fish in our days but somehow where like kids learning all over again with this mega light gear, I love it. Well done Ry, it seems strange showing off pictures and reports of palm size fish, but its great. Keep em coming.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
its so much fun, i mean the other night there was a bunch of us fishing for fish like that, having a great laugh and all of us have had big specimen fish in our days but somehow where like kids learning all over again with this mega light gear
I think that is the big draw ****. Its the whole combination of catching fish, balanced/matched gear, new techniques, banter and just doing something where the effort is actually rewarded rather than continuously suffering blank after blank. The first fish is always the hardest too.

I've got lures smaller than the clip in the photo LOL.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good to see the pink lures catching Ry. I've got a shed full to take down next week.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha ha ha that clip is ridiculous, it was as big as the plastic.. i dont usally go round with monster clips like that.. my garage got robbed the other day and all they nicked was my draw of soft plastics and clips... no rods or the kayak or anything , just soft plastics... obviously someone with a fetish like ourselves!

The capture was under a light at the base of the pier , i cast out from the wall about 15 ft let it hit the bottom, then raised it by a foot then let it hover just above the bottom whilst raising the rod so it was coming back towards the pier but not winding just using the rod (if that makes sense) then bang the monster hit about half way in, all on the first cast aswell.. nice.
i used a 750 size shimano reel with a firefly rod... did it fight well?:shock:.. too right son!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Fair play m8. Well done. It gets addictive so be careful. Non LRF'ers don't realise this till it's too late.
Most of our guys have fished every night since the last bumble/comp. Crazy but true. Callum was foaming from the mouth last night talking about it.
Gary A can't be any better cause apparently, every time Callum went somewhere new, Gary was there already, and Jamo.

He was blaming it on red spotted mushrooms or something as we walked around L'Islet last night. I'm worried about the boy. Perhaps it's lead poisoning. (He'll get that).

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I don't think it's addictive at all (twitch,twitch), I just like a bit of fresh air at night. Pure coincidence that I'm always carrying 2 rods and a 30lb rucksack full of jygheads and softies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.