The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive not been putting any catch reports up for a while now as i dont want to bore you with my antics, but i did something a little different last week, so i thought i would write something here.

Father and i just popped down to a local mark to runs some plugs behind the surf with a flooding tide, there seemed to be some weed around but nothing to much. It was really hot as it was the middle of the day, and it was looking so lush out on the water!

First cast with the Orange Tide Minnow 175 flyer and BANG fish on,( bright day bright lure) i just cant get enough of this lure fishing, for those people that think they would sooner watch paint dry……..YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! it doesn’t get any better than this in life i am afraid.

Second cast BANG fish on! same plug but what a fight! what a beautiful day just FANTASTIC!!!!! we are just loving it, the sea was alive, my father was being hit left right and centre to and just had a great couple hours of FUN FUN FUN!!! ya baby…lol

We needed to stay just behind the breakers and casting across the back of them, just to make sure we was in the kill zone, so to speak. The rest of the water was Gin clear and the sections where we was casting had lots of white water, which was the target, and we just couldnt stop catching.

But we found it really inportant to follow the surf down and stay behind that wave ( the furthest breaking wave) in this case it was about 150m from the shore line. We could of cast in front, in the lull section but the wave would just have picked up our lures and tangled them up, hence why we stayed to the outer wave.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Thanks for sharing that with us Nathan, always good to read a report from you :-D

Reactions: Nathan Taylor

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
You jammy devils! Not really, Nath - nice work. Just seems to keep getting better for you Cornish boys...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Wait a minute....... Waist waders?... Mazume?...... Something seems familiar here! hehe :D Well done mate. Is that where you were when I was chatting to your dad on the phone a few days back? looks like you had a good day.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Nathan...

Wow that lure is almost fluorescent.. Great info as well mate cheers!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Ben, I believe Rob was on the phone to you whilst we was there last week. Oh ya and I am trying to look like you too with all my kit..lol

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Nice one Nathan ... lovely photos and a great session!

What tackle were you using, as don't recognise the rod or reel at all? Very nice though I must admit!

That Mazume pack looks the nuts ..... do you know of a source for those, and how do you rate them?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Right hand wind reel!.
Nath's one of those cack handed types. Right handed but winds like a lefty. Lend him your rod with a 'normal' right handed setup and he'll argue to the death that you're the freak :-?:wink: :muttley:

Kenki Spin and Catalyst Inshore (rod and reel wise), I expect?!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish you would stop copying me, your waders, then your jacket, what's next my rod and reel which seems you already have....lol

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I wish you would stop copying me, your waders, then your jacket, what's next my rod and reel which seems you already have....lol
lol, you muppet :D Don't worry, I don't have either yet ;-)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts