The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Well, hapily no seals.
Makes a pleasant change. Pulling those buggers out over the rocks put's muscles in your arms and can really put a nasty scratch down the flanks of ones expensive lure!

Surf? Yes. Big, white and throthy. Yum Yum.

Day out with Nathan and Robert. North Cornwall, beaches go on forever. Similar to pair legs attached to the torso of an angel that swept past us on the golden sand. Steady, steady. Composure , rememeber why we're here. Quick march, quick march.

So with the cornish boys mind back on the task in hand (if you would pardon the pun), back to work it is then.

First mark, bathers and surfers 50m away. Rocks. gullies and surf. Stay behind the surf if you can. Tempting to blast the lure into it but one attempt is enough. Control, stay behind the last wave . Change lure and bang. first cast. IMA Nebrane F. Long cast, behind the wave , "knock, knock". Whos there? "Tis' me Mr Wolf." Great bass. Not much more than 3lb, but what a smack.
Robert was next to shout but the follow did not result in a take. Robert being the gentlemen that he is did not utter one expletive. Don't worry Nathan and I made up for
it.

Lunch at Pub with a terrible view of the beach and next mark!!!!!

Second mark.
Tide at low just about to turn and rise. Long clamber over rocks to reach white water, fantastic big swell. Makes you feel good to be alive, and that's just the location.

Change of tactics.
Now this is a little odd. Three men fishing the same water, same mark ,but on rock ledges so far apart audible communication is simply impossible due to wind and big seas. We all sit down, all change sub surfcase lures for surface lures. Now what the f..k is that all about.

So, did our collective telepathic advance on our quarry reep collective rewards? Um, No. In fact, not even individula rewards. A follow and then the weed took over. But we tried.

Surf fishing behind the surf. Give it a try. A method that will definatley produce fish and maybe the big,un.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Nick great report well done on the 3lber. I must try this behind the surf stuff sometime.
Thanks Mike. yes it aws another great day. Nathan tells me you are the man to get a registration from for the Weymouth Festival. If so, what do I need to do?

Regards

Nick

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nathan, the dog thing is a little disturbing. you should get out more. Try fishing. It worked for me. And me. Me too. See, all three of us are now just fine!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Cracking report !! Completely bonkers !! Just how i like it :rollineyes:

:clap: :clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts