Suspending Lures... | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Suspending Lures...

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Jan 11, 2011.

1. TLF Super Poster

Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a decent "salt" water suspending lure if there is such a thing... Can anyone give any recommendations???

2. TLF Super Poster

Savage Gear Suspending Prey 89??? not too sure about the finish on the lures though to be fair..... :-(

3. Bass

• Like Like x 1
  4. TLF Super Poster

Lucky Craft Salt Water Pointer??? - Interesting blurb - The Lucky Craft Pointer Deep Diver will suspend 4 -5 feet deep and will emit an intriguing bass-calling vibration, while in the suspended state. A short twitch of the fishing rod will generate the "Walk the Dog" action under the water.

5. Striper

The Pointer's not bad actually! Good lure! The best of the others I've used are Deps Balisong Minnow, OSP Rudra SP and Nories Laydown Minnow. Balisong is probably the closest. Laydown and Rudra tend to be very slow floaters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Guest

Lucky Craft Flash Minnow SP?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Striper

10cm xraps are superb suspenders rob,
    cheers daz

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pollock

Illex MagSquad worked well for me last year.

Took plenty of species, Bass, Pollock, Mullet, Coalies etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Banned

• Like Like x 1
  10. Salmon

Megabass X-120 with about 1/4" of golf club weight tape about 1/3 of the way from the head to the tail-Horizontal suspender

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pollock

Flash Minnow SP worked well straight out of the box for me in summer sea temps. It's suspend for longer than I could resist moving it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Salmon

Great lure Matt,
    I have a love affair with the 95SP version-deadly

13. Blenny

14. TLF Super Poster

:wackit: Imagine a suspending Hi-Pitch Gataride.... Oooops I just made a mess in my pants!!! :wackit2:

15. Wrasse

Did it to one of mine with those AGM strips..
    :-D
    Sweep the rod, wait ten seconds and hold on :-D:-D since I started doing this I find it hard to use another lure!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Striper

Suspending

Illex Mag Squad 128 SP Ko Ayu
    [84092] €22.00

[​IMG]

The Squad Minnow has rapidly become THE reference bait amongst the most demanding lure anglers in the world like the US pro bass fishing circuit. To meet growing demand for larger lures we have developed two new models. The Mag Squad 115 and 128 are heavier but still retain that same discrete slim silhouette in the water. The balance and design of the lip on these lures mean they are very stable on the retrieve no matter what the conditions are like. The noise attraction of these Mag Squads is sophisticated, using both metal and glass beads to provoke the curiosity of large predators without scaring them off.
    Spec:
    Suspending 0.5-1m
    128mm

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bass

The best two suspending lures I've found are the Deps Balisong and the X-Raps.

Things like the Vision 110 and the Rudra seem to slow float but what I've noticed is that some of the slow sinking lures do an equally good job as the suspenders and, instead of floating up out of the way, they drift down into the strike zone, for example the Zonk 120 will fall back very slowly tail first when left for 20 secs and it'll often get hit on the front treble as it falls, the Tide Minnow Flyer slowly sinks horizontally but flashes it's flanks as it sinks so you can pause this for a good 15-20 seconds depending on the depth of water you fish, it looks exactly like a sandeel resting out of the current

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    • Like Like x 1