The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looked good this morning, water clear, with only just a hint of may rot (boo). Nice bassy ground flooding tide.
Well Andrew and I covered every bit of water we could, until pushed of the reef by the flooding tide. So we moved on to another mark again looked good, although it was bloody cold!! It is May now, I think a little warmth would be nice.
Well I blanked out, However Andrew beat the blank and landed a fin perfect little bass. Might not be a monster, but still a bass. So very well done on beating the conditions.
Great to be out, good to fish with you again Andrew, Just wish we could have been out where those birds were.
Roll on better weather and warmer water.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good effort Dave, and well done Andrew, May it might be, but feels more like February !

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"May it might be, but feels more like February" Amen to that.
Massive flock of birds smashing something about a mile offshore, I think the bass are close by, but just not on the shoreline in numbers around here yet. Staying in warmer/deeper water.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Good try lads.

I gave it a go from the undercliff walk either side of high water last night. Clear water with a hint of rot and a slight breeze. There was no sign of bird activity at all and 90 in minutes of popping I saw one small fish having a look at the lure.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Well as always I have soaked up every bit of knowledge I could gain from you so at least it proves I am learning (and lucky)!
Thanks for this morning it was fun (and as you say a tad fresh!!) give me a shout when you fancy a repeat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts