The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as nice as my warm bed felt at 4am this morning, it was time to get up and head to a local mark, early high water meant I was hoping the bass might be in a mood to play.
Well the first hour pasted with nothing but a few bit of weed to trouble my lures, Even the mighty feed shallow went unattacked!!.
Well Bugger this I thought and clipped on my patchinko 100, my thinking was it had saved me from a blank a few days before. Second cast a schoolie hammered it in a spray of water. Hehe blank dodged again!! and nice lip hook meant a quick release. Maybe four or five casts later, BANG fish on, and definately a better fish. The bass made a beeline for a nearby wooden post that sticks out of the beach. But some steady pressure turned it's head.
Shortly after a nice bass hits the beach, while no monster, definately not a schoolie this time, 59cm and about 3.5lbs.

This bass REALLY wanted this lure!!!

Inspite of inhaling the lure it popped free easily, and the bass roared away almost as soon as it felt the water.

I have to say that I think the Patchinko 100 is going to be a brilliant lure, gentlely worked it snakes nicely with just the tip of it's nose out of the water, casts ALOT further than it's weight might surgest. ALOT of bass are going to fall for it.
So two bass on topwater lures when subsurface plugs weren't working, before work, GREAT start to the day!!!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Dave, I may need to get one :wink:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May Rot is stuffing up ALOT of my marks, but I know a few places that at the moment are still free of the stuff.
But this mark (so far) has remained pretty clean and clear, and about 4-10' deep. Saw loads of bait this morning, guess they were there escaping the rot hence the bass.
Fingers crossed this settled weather raises the water temperature enough to finish the May Rot off.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Cracking fun, Dave - excellent. At 59cm I think he was bigger. My first of the season was the same length and weighed 4lb 12 so i think you are being modest!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Awesome stuff Dave. Great looking fish.
I've had a play with the baby patchinko's and agree i think there goin too be killer this year. As you say cast really well for there size and walk the dog lovely, either super wide and smooth or sharp splashy turns.
I have one in 500g(Looks like that is what you caught on?) and the green head/yellow back one.
Great report, thanks again!
Nath

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quite a lean fish Tim, I am guessing at the weight, as it went back. I always seem to underestimate bass normally, but I think safely or should it be sadly under 4lb.
Funny last year You were the topwater addict and I was always on the plugs, this year our roles seemed to have swapped. Your a bad influance (joking)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nathan,
Yeap it is the 500G, great little baitfish colour.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely joverly Dave !!! I cant wait to give my little beauty it's first run-out !! One for the Injection methinks ;)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Great result Dave, well done!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts