The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally managed to take a few days off, planning on loads of plugging. Good dawn high tides coming up.
So if anyone in the sussex area fancies some company for a dawn session this week. Give me a shout.
Been out exploring today, So will kick off this at Pagham on Monday morning. Let me know if you fancy joining in on an exploratory outing monday early.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Dave i'm comming up to selsey on thursday 6th of august and staying til sunday would like to hook up if you can. Have been visiting selsey all my life as my grandfather lives there, many fond memories of time spent there and surrounding area and is where I cut my teeth in the hunt for bass. Have fished pagham harbour mouth regularly and my how the shingle has changed over the last 15 years or so. I also have caught bass off the "slab" right on the southern point of selsey between east beach and bill house. mind you the conditions that work are few and far between as is usually weeded up or wind blowing in wrong direction. Any pointers on spots would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Dave I would love to but having been on holiday for a week, Monday is my first day back. I am tied up Tuesday but if you get bored later in the week, I am always happy to come and steal your ideas! I must owe you a bacon butty or two by now!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Dave, let me know if you're thinking of travelling east. The conditions out my way aren't too good - dirty water and lots of weed so I'm thinking of trying the river.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luke and Andrew,
Let me know what days suit you best and I will see if I can sort something.

Andy,
Will drop you a PM

Dave

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Dave, I can do basically any day after Tuesday so if you fancy teaming doing say Friday, we can get Luke to show us all his old marks!! I know nothing west of Shoreham!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friday sounds good to me, lets hope Luke is up for it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Andrew/Dave friday sounds great to me but I will probably only be available from lunch time as I am doing a run to Reigate and back early morning but should be back by 12. Was thinking selsey east beach all the way to pagham harbour entrance? lots of shingle gullies breakwaters and tidal runs when tide is pushing. More likely to get clearer sea round there as opposed to west of selsey? But i'm up for anything really and can travel to wherever you guys think may be good. Will PM you my mobile no. sometime.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good to me,
I tried Pagham this morning, and it looks SOOOO GOOD. But I blanked.
But really fancy giving it a go from the Selsey side.
Friday good for me.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Fridays good for me. Dave we can either meet up early and do the morning somewhere or just meet Luke at lunchtime. Let me know what fits with your plans but I am cool whatever!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Right guys, where and when?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Plans?? I am up fo whatever and all day is fine by me!. Waat about the Selsey - Pagham starting early morning then onto some other marks for the afternoon when Luke is free? I have never fished Sussex so will leave it to the locals to decide. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Well despite being Sussex based, I have never fished our coast west of shoreham so I regret my local 'knowledge' will be sparse!! All up to Dave then. No pressure!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just leaving sunny cornwall. Will be in selsey at lunchtime ish tomorrow after a morning run to reigate. High tide on the southern most tip of selsey may be a shout then head east to pagham harbour mouth for the push???? Dave Irving has my mob number but if I dont get a call will follow this route anyway.
Hope to meet you guys tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I am sure we will catch up tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts