The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those outside Sussex you may realise that our reefs are plagued by coloured water with any hint of an s/sw/w'erly wind. With this in mind myself and Mr Andrew Walker headed to a well known sussex mark that throws up specimen fish but water quality is usually an issue. I had only fished this mark once before but had admired the topography from google maps for sometime, it is probably the most bassy place that we have, spits, gullies, lagoons, everything that absolutely screams, bass it has...

Anyway, I got down there at around ten o'clock to be greated by the top of the tide, the plan was to fish the ebb as historically it's a low water mark. Andrew was to join me at 12ish...

I started fishing with a patchinko as the sea was calm, sheltered by the stiff westerly, the water was slightly milky but fishable... Andrew text me at 11ish to see how I was doing, I replied "blanking in style"... It was soon after this that I had a very strange take after using every lure I had with me to get a hit... The take was a slow pull not like any take I'd had before on hard plastic, I thought I'd hit a rock as the aka kin gataride just stopped, infact I gave the rod a good hard tug to try and free the lure from the snag, it was then that I noticed the line swimming off to the right, not really a fight but like I'd hooked a tesco's bag... I managed to get it in and it turned out to be the shirley pictured... He was to be my only action apart from one other failed hook up shortly after Andrew arrived.

Unfortunately Andrew didn't get a touch, I'll leave it to him to add anything, if there is anything to add? lol Such a shame, the conditions said, "there are loads of us bass here, come and get us" But it wasn't to be.

Second fishing trip for myself and Andrew together, he's a great guy and a pleasure to fish with! Must do it again soon, here's hoping for more fish though!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Rob........bit of an unusual fight...can't say that I've ever had a fightfrom a Bass that felt like reeling in a plastic bag before...;-);-)
You must be an expert at it though, if you can tell the difference between a Tesco's bag and an Asda bag...I'm impressed.....:-D:-D:-D:-D

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I say tescos bag as thats the only carrier bag I've ever caught/seen, maybe asda/sainsbury's shoppers are more considerate disposers of their waste?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
...........:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D..................

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Cheers Robert. It was good to fish with you again and at well done for at least getting one. That mark will come good for me sooner or later!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts