The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get a quick hour in this morning over high, got down to the mark just as the mist was starting to lift, nice clam seas, the first twenty mins or so were a little lack luster, with fry chasing smaller fry being the only activity... I had been using my black n silver patch but I noticed sea weed rafts being hit from underneath and chose to switch to a maria chase, 1st cast next to a weed raft resulted in the first bass hitting the beach, nothing huge circa 2lb, next cast was his brother, identical size... That weed raft was now just getting beyond reach so started to scan the water again with the patch... I saw some big splashes about 50 yeards out, mack being hit and leaving the water, heart started racing, quickly cast forgetting to open the bail arm... lol what a muppet! Patchinko sailed into the distance, I nearly cried, that lure has accounted for a good 80% of my bass this year aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh....

We're now 40 ish mins into the session, the sun was begginning to come out, the tide was ebbing and the mackies had moved in, I did think about getting some but I wanted a fair bass, I had two schoolies in quick succession on the yellow patch, a guestimate would put them around the 2-3lb mark, chubby little things... Changing back to the chase after that turned out to be a good move as the mackies were shoaling past me, cast out just over them and (worked out how to fish the chase now... like a patchinko is the answer) started the retrieve, the lure entered the shoal which was about 15ft past the end of my rod tip and was hit by a mackie and I think a gar, then 3ft out BANG big silver flash, rod tip in water, me following drag giving... 5 mins of pure joy later another 6lb'er (guess), well over two foot long...

I had to call it a day after that as had to be home before the wife as she hadn't given me permission to fish! lol

All in all a bitter sweet day!

By the by can anyone point me in the direction of software that resizes images so I can upload some pix???

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hi mate nice report and top fishing... shame about the patchinko. If you upload your photo's to photobucket, there's an option on there to resize your images. Think there is an option call medium or something, makes a nice size to view on here.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nice one Robert. Glad to see a few fish from Sussex in recent reports! I tried photobucket but couldnt get on with it but I seem to be able to use Flickr much more easily.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sounds like a good day (apart from the lure loss). Makes me think I will have to get around Sussex a bit more than I do now :)

For the image conversion you might want to take a look at IrfanView. Free to download and use for non-commercial use, and though I don't use it I have read good thinks about it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Well done Robert nice report.

I am down eastbourne/brighton next wed and thursday, pm me if you are about i would love to fish that area.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well done Robert excellent fish, Sussex getting better and what a beautiful day we had today, eh? I cried all the way to work.
Mike

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Rob,
VERY nicely done, 6lber's have been very thin on the ground this year.
To resize your pics just scale them to 20% in Paint (contained in most windows packages) then upload them to Photobucket, and lnk them using the img code.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Nice report, well done with the bigger fish.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the replies lads.... Steve up for it although I may only be able to squeeze a couple of hours without the wife knowing.... I'm gonna have a craic for the flood today if anyone's around?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts