The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Callum and I thought we'd try an afternoon trip in the boat today.

When we arrived at the marina one of my friends was just coming in from a early morning trip out East and explained that he had had a difficult nigh on fruitless trip. So we headed west and tried some known wrasse marks with little reward apart from the odd fish to 2lbs.

Then we move to try a solitary head that is 20ft off bottom in deep water in an otherwise featureless area.

After a surprisingly strong fight Callum brought this to the surface....caught on a Prologic Sandeel.

A beautiful little fish that went back with its pride dented and grunting a little, but it was a beautiful thing, as they say.

Just look at that eye.

PS Sorry for feeling the need to block out the coastline but for the time being its a little fished rock in the middle of nowhere and I'd like to keep it that way for a while.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Paul and Callum, nice fish and I hope the mark produces well in the future :p

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest Steve the fishing was dire. The inshore stuff was a bit too hairy what with a very powerful, long wavelength swell coming in from the SW (more like Hawaii 50!) but fortune favours the bold and we later tucked into a sheltered bay and pulled out a few cuttles which have a strange affinity for frying pans, garlic butter and parsley. We also came across what I think was a breeding ball of thin lipped mullet and found some more interesting stuff on the sonar but all in all it was "difficult".

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Winds and low tides and everything else is making any decent fishing difficult, Si was out today with Marc W and Kevin Pugh and they had a bad time finding somewhere to shelter, they did get some fish though, looking forward to catching up with you in Weymouth this weekend :p

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Was the breeding ball just along from madeira rock.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries. Two pairs of eyes watching for rocks and buffs are better than one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts