The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/fishing-tac...sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1268999340&sr=8-2

Picked this up as I saw it posing around the Daiwa stand @ Nantes (albeit was around 12 euros in one store there!) and then the missus saw it on Amazon on sale ...

£2.50 and it is frikkin awesome - very secure and the snaps are very positive ... not waterproof but fantastic for swivels, links, split rings - perfect!

Edit - they do a smaller one too for £1.30!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/WSB-Tackle-..._1_23?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1268999554&sr=1-23

sweet! (apologies for getting excited about something small and cheap!)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Alex,
Top man been promising myself I'd buy a couple of those but keep forgetting. Ta!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
How much did they work out at inc delivery? I always have these exact boxes in stock in the shop but have never really thought about putting them on the net? Maybe I should, they are handy, I just expected every shop in the uk to have them as they are available from alot of wholesalers.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Just checked. The bigger one came to £4.67 inc postage.

I bought two of the smaller ones, and that came to £4.14 inc postage (for the both, not each).

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Have already PM'd you about group buys / offers. I am sure the guys just like me would much prefer to buy from the site sponsors like yourself. After all that's what it's all about isn't it ... a group of like minded people getting together to help one another, sharing their knowledge, experience etc why should that not include tackle....
Apologies for sticking my nose in where it might not be wanted but on the Discovery 3 forum. Many thousands of pounds exchange hands with the site sponsors, to the benefit of the members, Sponsors and the Forum.

·
6,295 Posts
Hi Trev, sorry I didnt reply to your question, I emptied my pm inbox and couldnt remember who had sent me the question. Its maybe worth looking into, and I have been thinking of something simular, maybe put up special offers for members only, that kind of thing.

Alex i have had them in the shop since I opened, handy little things for all types of fishing.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
No problem mate..although I was worried that I might have spoken out of turn so to speak.
I know it's not the same level of costs when you compare tackle to car parts accessories etc and I know the D3 site has over 2000 members but as the site expands the members, sponsors and particularly the Forum itself can reap the rewards and get stronger.
I can arrange for some information as to how this site is run if that would help. I am only too keen to help if you need it.

·
6,295 Posts
Yeah sound Trevor, anything is always worth considering, never say no if I can help it, cheers man. Oh, and as I am now talking to you again I will call off the hit squad ha ha

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Suckers!!! :)
Bit harsh Fella! Is that discrimination? Non-Jerseyinians, Jerseyites, (what do yous call yourselves?) can't see in your shop of dreams! :mrgreen: perhaps you need a 3D interactive virtual tour for us less fortunate ones.... personal Skype tours maybe??? :bangin:

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Brilliant idea! Get a live webcam in there, then people can Skype and browse the shelfs

And I believe the correct term is 'Jerseyish'

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I just know I shouldn't do this but isn't it simpler if you just call yourselves ..............

Jumpers...

:muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Bit harsh Fella! Is that discrimination? Non-Jerseyinians, Jerseyites, (what do yous call yourselves?) can't see in your shop of dreams! :mrgreen: perhaps you need a 3D interactive virtual tour for us less fortunate ones.... personal Skype tours maybe??? :bangin:

Tim

BEANS

That's what Jersey locals are known as.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts