The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tackle House Feed Shallow+ Green sandeel was abducted by aliens recently and i'm certain i won't see it again so instead of replacing it like for like i've been thinking i might get the 105mm version instead. What d'yer reckon? Is it as good as the original 128mm do you think? And does anyone know if they make the 105 in green sandeel? I can't see that many colour options for them.. cheers

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The 105 is way better in my book. Casts miles and a better action.

Not sure about the colours but give **** a ring and i'm sure he will sort it. He doesn't always have everything in stock on the website so worth a call. I like the sardine colour myself.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Honestly? I carry both! There are times when they are on the smaller baitfish, then the 105 comes into play. Later season and its back on the 128.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Nice One Keith, you need all 3...and spares!
Suddenly I'm a ton 30 down...
And then there's the...
;-)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Sorry Martin that wasnt very halpful was it!
I aint caught on my 105 yet but aint put many miles on it to be honest. Its nice to have a mix of lures that aren't all sterotypical sandeel or long-fish-like in profile. Short stubby lures can be just as effective....take up less room in the bag to!
The FS105 is defo a catcher...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Its nice to have a mix of lures that aren't all stereotypical sandeel or long-fish-like in profile. Short stubby lures can be just as effective....take up less room in the bag to!
Couldn't agree more.
If you open my plug bags you don't see lots of the 'same' type of lures. We cover the water column and the available fodder wherever possible.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for all the advice. Was thinking that i'd got a couple of 120mm and bigger size lures hence looking at something smaller that really holds it self very shallow. The Komono 2 i have is great in bright conditions and ideally the Feed Shallow 105 would have to be useful on dull days so any other suggestions for colour?

·
Registered
431 Posts
105 feed shallow is an excellent lure, had the majority of my bass this year on the feed shallow. In my opinion both 128 and 105 superb lures.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have every one they made including the limited edition Plus ones, never caught anything on them, only weed.
Maybe I need to put on waders and use them on a incoming tide.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Feed Shallow 128 in Mullet, has been a brilliant lure for me, does exactly what it claims too-not as common with lures as it should be.
I have caught on this plug at times and on venues where nothing else would work. Put it this way, I carry two of them.
The 105, is a cracking little lure, as has been said cast very well, and has a strong but slight different action. I score well with this lure at night as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts