The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any ideas on the feed shallow lures with regard to action in the water i know its a cult following with most but after spending more time with it in the water,i just cant seem to get the better of it,when it dose go to plan it has a great wiggle zig zag action but i find it only happens 50% or 60% of the time now i know its not really a big swell lure so its not fished in those situations so some body impress me with an explanation.....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
How are you connecting it to your line Barry? I can't think of any realistic reason why it'd only be working half the time. It's about the easiest lure in the world to work and is usually very consistent??

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you connecting it to your line Barry? I can't think of any realistic reason why it'd only be working half the time. It's about the easiest lure in the world to work and is usually very consistent??
fool proof lure but just wont seem to play ball... using a jb clip to connect with powershot.15mm straight through...

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just a guess is the weight system inside working properly
Thats a fair question Al i have another one in my box of spares lures i must compare the 2 of tem together to see if the weight transfer system is working properly...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thats a fair question Al i have another one in my box of spares lures i must compare the 2 of tem together to see if the weight transfer system is working properly...
I have one lame Feed 128. Mine must be due the weight system and also just a little, and I mean little, part of the plastic near the rear treble is slightly damaged meaning action lost.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I have found the 128 action is nowhere near as good as the 105. One of my 128's does nothing at all but the other one is fine. weird.

They do however get easily affected by the length of a flouro leader (if youa re using one). Anything under about 2ft really seems to stunt the action of pretty much all lures. Unless the flouro I am using i simply too stiff?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one lame Feed 128. Mine must be due the weight system and also just a little, and I mean little, part of the plastic near the rear treble is slightly damaged meaning action lost.
`
Nigel i could have his brother in my lure bag will have a look in the morning when i am out

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have found the 128 action is nowhere near as good as the 105. One of my 128's does nothing at all but the other one is fine. weird.

They do however get easily affected by the length of a flouro leader (if youa re using one). Anything under about 2ft really seems to stunt the action of pretty much all lures. Unless the flouro I am using i simply too stiff?
Morning Andy,
I have seen the 105 in action great little mover alright, short little actions and lots of them when your retrieving,
As for flouro leaders we don"t bother with em one more thing to go wrong i feel a weak point on your line...

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Barry sounds like most replies have answered your question !!!! But have you tried the egg clips , I have stopped using the jbs for now as some lure actions were stunted , doing nothing .
with the egg clips being more of a oval shape and not got a swivel link the lures IMO have got a better action ...

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for that bob will look into those clips in the coming week

1 - 12 of 12 Posts