Tacklehouse Feedpopper | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Tacklehouse Feedpopper

Discussion in 'Surface Lures' started by {name}, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Guest

Hi Just wondering how many of you use these , the technique you use , conditions they shine in and do you use them with there original hooks that to me seem massive ? Thanks guys

2. Pollock

Craig these poppers are good at times & you can cast them miles. The original hooks on the feed popper 120 are Owner ST46 size 1 & on the feed popper 100 are Owner ST46 size 2. I have changed all my hooks to to Owner ST56TN, which I find a far stronger hook.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Guest

Hi Sean , Do you keep to the size 1 for the 120 and the 2 on the 100?

4. Striper

They are great if it's really rough, I had a shiny of 5-5 on one earlier this year fishing it in a huge swell just outside the white water, big pop, pause, big pop pause and hang on! The hooks are fine.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Pollock

Yes I do Craig :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Banned

Have you seen the new Baby ones..... 70mm and 9.5g ...... very nice!

Hopefully Mick will be getting some in!!

7. Pollock

Hi Nick The Feed Popper 70 have been on the JDM for a while now. But as you have said Im looking forward to seeing some on the UK market

8. Perch

My favourite surface lure bar none

Mackerel, white and dolphin work best for me. Usually just a steady retrieve - sometimes use a stop/start method and often get hits after the pause

I use the bigger ones from the shore and smaller when fishing from the RIB

• Like Like x 1
  9. CoFounder & Retired Admin VIP Partner

I only use mine when its rough really but I should get it out at other times more. What Andy Marquis and Phil say is right, great lures and the hooks are fine as they are.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pollock

I've had great success on the feedpopper using it in flat clam clear water,working it very slow cast and let it sit for up to 30seconds then a good pop or two and let it sit again repeat it all the way in regularity gettin hit close to the shore and the takes a fairly savage;-)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Striper

That's interesting Mick

I found that I was getting braid tangles when I used the 120mm feed popper in the Rio Colorado river, Costa Rica, for snook - zero wind conditions.
    [​IMG]

Through out the entire week and using several different poppers, this was the only lure I had any problems with.

Couple of weeks ago was using one again on the coast in flat calm conditions and bu99er me, I had three tangles in less than an hour.

I must remember to try one in rough conditions and use the subtle retrieves as mentioned above as I am a bit energetic with the old rod tip :)

Cheers
    Steve

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 2