The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My busted ribs are taking longer to heal than I originialy thought. So I have alot of time off work at the moment to come up with hairbrained schemes one of them omongst others was, taking the wife fishing, when I'm back on it

Am I being completely mad even considering this ? Is my mind playing tricks on me

Do any of you take the missus fishing with you when you go ? If so how did it work out ?

or is it a never in a month of sundays option.

I haven't suggested it to her yet, thought I'd sound you guys out first

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Avoid it if you can. . . . . . because they . . .

• take the pi55 when you are blanking
  • want to go home earlier than you do
  • are noisy
  • come and talk to you when you are concentrating
  • will not be happy to walk to the spot that you want to walk to
  • moan
  • will still not understand the attraction at the end of it
Don't do it mate, other than as a last resort ;-)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
All above as Si says!

Kerry has been bluewater trolling with me and LRF'ing in Dartmouth - got bored on the boat in the Maldives and slept most of it and then caught more small pollack than me in Dartmouth - she has tried it but doesn't see the appeal so CBA - fair play she has tried it to her credit!

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Much as it's an appealing idea, you know they wouldn't geddit. Some of the other species do but I've never met one. I just can't visualise The Pegzoid (Peggy) standing on a harbour/rock for hours....

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Oh, and i almost forgot - they break your rods !!! Mine shut the boot on my lure rod over in Ireland last year !!!! GGGgrgrrrgrgrgrggrgrggrgrggr

·
Registered
133 Posts
Why not?

MY wife comes out with me fishing from time to time when the weather is ok.
The kids come out more to be honest. The kids are 9 and 5 now but have been coming out with me for a couple of years now (no rock marks though).
Most of this fishing is in the estuary in which I am experienced in so a safe environment when with me. Kids love it!

I think one of my kids was "made"on one of my favourite marks when my wife came with with years ago!! .
My oldest girl was named "Rapala" after this.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Too much info Nige (but fair play for mixing your hobbies I suppose!? I wouldn't take my wife on a regular bass triip as it would be too long and she would get bored. She did fish with me off a dock in Florida years ago and caught some small stuff. She loved the feel of a fish on the line, but would need to be catching to enjoy herself. She lets me & the boy go so she can then go and do the things she likes (auctions and sale rooms generally). In short, she does her thing at weekends, I do mine and it seems best to stay that way :)

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
MY wife comes out with me fishing from time to time when the weather is ok.
The kids come out more to be honest. The kids are 9 and 5 now but have been coming out with me for a couple of years now (no rock marks though).
Most of this fishing is in the estuary in which I am experienced in so a safe environment when with me. Kids love it!

I think one of my kids was "made"on one of my favourite marks when my wife came with with years ago!! .
My oldest girl was named "Rapala" after this.
Yep one of mine is called "Ford Capri bonnet" :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Everyone to them selfs but the whole idea of fishing to me in time to yourself and the lads, now its bad enough that women have been allowed to drive cars and gain acess to public houses over the past few years but there is no way the other half is going to bend my ear while i am out fishing.... its just not cricket

·
Registered
281 Posts
If mine started coming with me it would make me stay at home and put shelves up... or paint... or do the garden...

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I am looking forward to one of you addicts recounting that special day when you took young "Jointed Pink/Chrome Thunderstick" out to catch his first Bass.

I am not married, so my view is that it would be nice to have a wife along every now and then, maybe just for bait sessions though. I have taken a few girlfriends along in the past. They can brighten a blank no end.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
LOL Nige!!

I've taken mine with me a couple of times, but its only when I'm happy to do a short trip and generally while we're at her parents. They live right on top of one of the local beach/reefs so if the weather is good, recommending we pop out for a barbeque is a fine way of guarenteeing that I get some fishing time in AND get my tea cooked for me! Mwahahahaaaa...

·
Registered
40 Posts
jesus i think hell would freeze over if my wife came fishing she hates it (and thats the way i like it) thinks we are all sad bustards, I think she might have a point

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well apart from Nigel's 'exploits'........:wink: that sounds pretty conclusive.

And I don't want anymore kids lol ....

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have taken Val fishing with me twice, both times around 15 years ago. The first time
i think i landed 11 bass, best 7lb 8oz, all on a Cotten Cordell jointed red fin.
The second time i landed a 7lb bass on a jointed thunder stick, silver scale.

I should think about taking her again.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts