The Lure Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice - wonder how big the fish will need to get before you step the gear back up, Keith? Should be interesting to see! Couldn't see all the photos though?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice to see the "tuna gear" out for a change Keith.

All you need now is for a spearo to tell you where the wrasse infested boulders are and you'll have 24 hr fishing LOL

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I wasn't on LRF. I think the others were also HRF, or 'MRF'. I would have felt comfortable targeting that size fish with LRF gear, the only restriction was the height we were having to fish from. I used my 'HRF' rod, 10-30g bushwhacker and was having great fun. They really strip line against a pretty tight drag. I would have been confident of landing much bigger fish, providing I had a good net man!!!

Watch this space...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Great work Guys,
Nice to see the LRF techniques are opening up fishing that until now hadn't been known about.

·
Registered
519 Posts
what a mental night's fishing, great fun, how people couldn't have a ball with fish of this size on either LRF or HRF is completely beyond me, i guess each to there own, as mark mentioned fish of that size would quite easily be tamed on LRF gear with no problems of overly tiring fish to be released or fear of being bust off.

kev

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Another amazing trip. The average size seems to be coming up a bit? Is this through knowing more what you are doing / homing in on "the zone" faster or the conditions improving?

·
Registered
519 Posts
maybe all of them andy, but we know that it's an area that holds bigger fish, 7-8lbs maybe even larger could be a possibility of there.

kev

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
maybe all of them andy, but we know that it's an area that holds bigger fish, 7-8lbs maybe even larger could be a possibility of there.

kev
I think even bigger fish have been caught out there on conger gear Kevin. **** would know.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great work chaps, I was at home having a dinner party.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I think even bigger fish have been caught out there on conger gear Kevin. **** would know.
Years ago it want anything special to get a few 10lb+ Pollack from the castle on a float session, but those days are long gone. You do hear of the odd 5lb+ coming there when people make the effort to go out there. I wish I had been there saturday night, it looks like it was a great night in all ways. I am looking forward to someone hooking a monster on LRF gear and landing it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I am looking forward to someone hooking a monster on LRF gear and landing it.

I think that's going to be one of the most exciting things about it **** - actually hooking something that may be tooooooo big! It never normally happens in the UK. Can see it happening a lot this year though. Can't wait!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts