The Lure Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Hi Matthew, I tried what I believe is the same rod a few weeks back when I met Mike Newman locallly. I can't remember what lure he was using at the time but it could have even been the same lure. Whatever lure it was it was fairly easy to cast a long way (by lure standards) but I tend to use shorter rods most of the time. It might be as others have said your casting style needs some adjustment. Have you tried similar comparisons with other lures?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The comparisom between short rods and longer rods isn't as simple as it first sounds. It is more to do with tip speed than rod length. It gets more complicated when the different action of rods is taken into account. A long soft rod is not necessarily a longer casting rod than a short one but it is likely to be easier to cast longer distances with (for some types of lure at least) because it is easier to move the tip faster due to the length of the rod. There are a number of things you can try, the first one may be to speed up the cast by using the lower hand more. It is all about technique.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.