The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys..big desicion ..local tackle shop has an 832 priced at €177.. not teh rod i was looking for (802)..but teh guy said he'd let me have it for €140 (£122)..imagine i'm gonna have to move fast on this 1..2/3 days tops...HELP

edit: forgot to say he wont have teh 802's in till july

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have one, depends what you want it for.

It's a lot stiffer in the tip than my supermix 270 so as a propper plugging rod I think it's great but not if you want to use softies, if you want that then go for the 802

I only got the 832 because I already have the Tenryu supermix 270 and I want to use it for crocs where there is a danger of some bigger fish and hence using some bigger lures.
If I didn't have the supermix I'd have definitely gone for the 802.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello
£122 doesn't sound much of a bargain to me, the price from veals is 125 (plus postage £7) I'd say you're better off buying the rod you want even if it's a few quid more. They're quite dfferent rods by all accounts, get the one you want.
Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys..gonna contact veals tomorrow n get teh 802..seeems teh better option..it will workout @ 155 euros..wiv postage n exchange

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
Hi Grizz

I got my one from Angela Murphy's tackle shop in Wexford. Thats a few months back now but you could check there (if you havent already)

Angela is also a pleasure to deal with and she will not see you wrong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts