The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been thinking for a while now about getting the 8 footer 10grm 40 grm coz at the moment i have to take two rods with me[two bushys,old 8ft 6 ins 15 ,45 grm and 7ft 10,30 grm]and its a pain while wadeing always checking the other is safe back on shore and having to swap them around.would love a red rod but cant justify the cost to her indoors so think the teklon would be that all round rod that im after for the sps and plugs but have never held one so i would like your opinios pls before taking the plunge.thanks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Cant think which of the 2 is Henrys favourite but thats the 1 i borrowed Very nice rod Go for it

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
been thinking for a while now about getting the 8 footer 10grm 40 grm coz at the moment i have to take two rods with me[two bushys,old 8ft 6 ins 15 ,45 grm and 7ft 10,30 grm]and its a pain while wadeing always checking the other is safe back on shore and having to swap them around.would love a red rod but cant justify the cost to her indoors so think the teklon would be that all round rod that im after for the sps and plugs but have never held one so i would like your opinios pls before taking the plunge.thanks
The Teklon 802 10-40g is a nice rod for lighter lures & soft plastics, the Teklon 832 15-50g is slightly stiffer & good for working heavier lures & plastics. I think Henry preferred the 802 but you will not go wrong with either.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I've just bought the 702 and 802. Both fantastic, good finish, great action, and very light. very pleased with them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I have the Tenryu Rod Bar 270. fantastic rod, fast action, great balance but I have also had a wiggle with the Teklon 8ft3 and the action is not very far away at all. I would also say that the finish is better than the Tenryu! If I had my time over i would have saved the money and got the Teklon!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ordered the 802 yesterday and arrived today.first impressions is that it is quite abit stiffer than the bushy 10 ,30gram only hope it handles the lighter stuff as good as,rod feels nice and have paired it up with the okuma trio,nice finish even though the handle looks pimped up.cant wait to get out with it now.thanks again for the imput.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had a Teklon Concept Spin 802ML for a few weeks now, matched it with a Shimano Exage 2500, and I love it. It's honestly a pleasure to use and a rod you can hold all day it's so light, and I have no problem throwing lures and plugs some distance, if necessary, and I've been lucky enough recently to land a 4lb Bass with mine - no problem. I'd highly recommend it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
could anyone tell me where i could buy tha teklon concept spin 802ml 10-40grm please? ive snapped my bushwacker and after a rod to use with sp`s. tried veals and their out of stock.
thanks,billy.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
could anyone tell me where i could buy tha teklon concept spin 802ml 10-40grm please? ive snapped my bushwacker and after a rod to use with sp`s. tried veals and their out of stock.
thanks,billy.
Apparently the only other tackle shop stocking them is in South Wales, (Cardiff maybe not sure). Simon Lewis knows which one.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Apparently the only other tackle shop stocking them is in South Wales, (Cardiff maybe not sure). Simon Lewis knows which one.
I think the shop that stocks them in South Wales only has the heavier rod is it the 832? They can not get the 802. I did ask some time ago and that was the feedback. Be worth checking with Simon next week if that has changed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why not consider the 732ML instead 7' 4'' - 10 - 35gm.
You only lose 5gm (at the end of range where you probably wouldn't need it), I've got one and love it.
When chatting to veals I said if I had to ignore Henry's recommendation and buy on spec alone it would be my choice.
It certainly wasn't a choice I regret.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts