The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

After some advice & feedback. Last year I used one of Mikes 9' tenryu rods during the Weymouth Bass festival. I would be interested in any advice on which version of this rod to purchase as Mike has told me there are different versions of the rod. Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I think Mike's 9' rod is a Bar 270. I have tried it too-snuck out a nice bass too. Cracking rod.

Sean, let us know what you want to do with the rod (types and weights of lure, topwater, plug, softie etc) and I am sure some of the guys on here with lots of Tenryu experience will offer some advice.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Rod Bar is a great all rounder, ive got one, and am so happy with it!! i wouldnt recomend the dragon which i also use for my surface work in the warmer months, as its very stiff and suits that kind of fishing down to the T.....But you cant go wrong with the Rod Bar

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I have the 8' 10" RB270 and although a bit long is amazing,BUT,,, these are very stiff and powerful rods.
Do you need something this powerful ?
Or would you be better off looking at the RLSD model thats not so brutal for UK plugging etc.
Just asking the questions as I have been considering changing my RB270 to the RLSD model.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sean,

Like Dave said we need to know what you are going to use the rod for.

If i am launching big plugs (up to 40g) in the autum or metal spinners (up to 60g) into deep water I use the Red Dragon Express, The Rod Bar 270 gets used for all my surface plug work (although I did use it for all my plug work for two years), I use the Injection for all my small to medium (3.5g -- 25g) plug work plus all my soft plastic work.

·
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dave, Nathan, Nick & The Squid (who ever you are).

Thanks for all the replies. Looking to use the rod for plug work using weights from 18g to 30g. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Sean,
there are a few threads on here already where people (including me) have given recomendations/opinions on a few of the rods so it might be worth tracking them down and having a look. People will be reluctant to recommened a specific rod if they don't know enough about how you fish, but reading what they have to say generally may help.
Do a search on the more popular model names and it will throw up a few threads.
Trying looking for: Supermix, Rod Bar, Super distance, Injection, Ultimate One and Red Dragon Express. You will find differing amounts of info on each one but it may be helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts