The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Pretty sure that Mike Hayes has one (as i had a fondle of it in Jersey last week ;)). He's the man to ask.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Don't know about the white Tenyru Carl which is why i wanted to see Mikes.
It might, might be a bit short as I believe they are only 6 and 1 half feet long.

That might not be an issue and I can't say for sure but....

I do know that line control is better at 7' 3" over 7 feet and 7' 7" is better over 7' 3".
However, post 8ft 6", the length becomes a hindrance.

Take a look at the Major Craft Zaltz (solid and tubular) and the Graphiteleader rods Carl if you spending big bucks.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
PLAT are excellent service too Mike.
He has been so helpful with translating stuff even not related purchases too.
UK postage kills it though. just waited 5 weeks for 30 egi's !!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
As far as I am aware the Tenryu Lunakia hasn't got a solid tip but it is awesome and the bite detection on a 1g bait is frightening.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I was lucky enough to see and have a quick go with Mikes rod. Very light, beautifully balanced, and as Mike said-Bites feel like they are coming from a fish three times the size.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sounds great rod dave but im opting for 2, got the ulx for the hollow work, now its a toss up between the diaflash and the zalts for the solid tip, like using 2 rods set up at the same time, aint xmas great

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Yeah Carl, Stunning bit of kit.
Have to say I was really impressed with the ULX, serious value for money. Very tempted!!
Would love to hear what you think of the Zalt Solid tip, if you get one.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Do it Dave. Fair play to **** for being the first person to stock them as far as I know. And to Keith for spotting the potential when he had a go with mine.

Me? I was just fishing for fun and bumbling along......!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
be handy keith, diaflash does feel nice in the shop but easier to judge in the water

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have to say Mike's (Tenryu) rod was impressive. In fact it felt better to fish with than it did waving it around in Nantes..... Maybe there is a lesson to be learnt there? It might not be the rod for every occassion but for close range work it was excellent.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
unfortunately, without prior knowledge, or perhaps with it.
Waving LRF and HRF rods arounds does little to reflect what is required in actual usage.

This is why reports like this are so valuable.
Trust me, all the blokes saying you don't need this or that specific rod for LRF etc, either haven't done it, or, haven't experienced the difference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts