The Lure Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this subject has been touched on before when debating the merits of various knots etc, but I am interested in what everyone is this year generally favouring when it comes to what to use when making terminal connections, in particular:

A) The braid main line to the leader (generally fluro). Do you trust a staightforward knot, or incorporate a particular swivel, ring or snap connector? Something that is easy to change rigs and pass and cast through the ring tip without damage.

B) Choice of actual lure connectors- best for strength, ease of change and allowing for correct `action`.

I know, I agree its boring talking about such subjects in comparision to shiny new lures or dreamin of bass! but gotta keep up with even the boring bits.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Dave , i normally use the Albright knot for braid to leaders , but after some guys having a bit of trouble with it i now use the double uniknot , doubling the braid to form the knot.
I dont like the idea of a swivel etc on the braid to leader , because if your not paying attention on the retreive the swivel wallops the top ring and can cause damage ??

As for connectors i use the duo egg clips which give the lures a bit more action ..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Dave, I use the albright, but have just tied on a new leader with the double uni (without doubling up the braid end, Thanks Bob!).

At the other end, depends whats attached I guess, some of the decoy eggs for the plugs or sometimes a jb swivel but sometimes a rapala knot on the sp's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts