The Lure Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1 Week ago I had spent a few days in Paris (lovely city btw) and of course, I went to DPSG and bought some "souvenirs" (mainly large and heavy SP's intended for big seabass and meagre fishing).

I bought a couple of Picol'Eaus and gave them a go a few days ago.
Loved the red one for stained waters, and here's the result of the little test (I rigged it with a 15 gram Storm Lip Weight).

The bass inhaled the SP on the fall, I felt a light bump and set the hook hard, the BPS Bionic Blade MH rod as a very fast action, great for hard hook ups.
The reel is a old and outdated Daiwa Emblem S 2500, but hell, I just love fishing with it, it's drag it's kind of a random thing, you never know when it will work right.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I love the look of the Delalande Picol'Eau, but have had a lot of trouble sourcing it cost effectively. My search goes on !!

Nice to see you putting it to good use though !!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great photo's Pedro.... They are great looking lures, have you tried them with their own articulated heads? They have a fantastic action..

Si,
Not cheap are they....but what the hell...you'd only spend it on a rod or reel....:muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Si,
Not cheap are they....but what the hell...you'd only spend it on a rod or reel....:muttley::muttley:
I was gonna set aside £2.70 to buy you a pint next Saturday Trev, but you can get stuffed now, i'm gonna spend it on a Dexter Wedge instead !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Pedro - lovely fish and great photos, thanks a lot for sharing. My son had a good number of fish last season on the Picol'Eau rigged weedless. Need to get somemore now as he lost the last one recently....

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
And there was me going to give you a delelande Picol'Eau for free....:muttley::muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Woooooah! Lovely fish pedro! Nice report!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Delalande Monture Picoleau
180mm - 17gm
This French designed ready rigged soft plastic sandeel starts working as soon as it hits the water. The leadhead takes it down through the water but as soon as you retrieve the reversed lip will raise it up towards the surface.
Just vary the retrieve and you can make the lure behave in some amazing ways.

As described by www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/Lures.html hope this helps your search £7.99

·
Registered
340 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts