The Lure Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please do move this thread or simply delete it if needs be - just wanted to try uploading a photo directly from my computer to the forum.

Always been one of my all time favourite bass photos........let's see if this direct upload thing works like I am hoping it might.

Water Sky Lake Beach Leisure

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so the photo's there - at a smaller size than I uploaded it at, but it seems you need to click on the thumbnail to bring up a larger preview (anybody know any different ?). I notice that the uploading facility has really "softened" the photo, because on my screen the eye of the bass is seriously pin-sharp, and the preview here is somewhat softer..........

·
Registered
779 Posts
look forward to seeing your pics on here Henry ! (oh btw - thanks for putting the "Tommy 5 chins" pic in the last SA lol )

·
Banned
792 Posts
lets see, maybe you get better results using a photo hoster like flickr, sevenload etc..?

thelureforum Album:

sevenload (700x700 scaled):

Image direktly loaded from Sevenload in original size...

hope this is not too much for some of them guys here, beacuse it is a ....(pieep) to load these with DSL1500 ... ^^

Henry, how did you bring it in this thumbnail preview form? Did not find this option ...

Cheers
TOm

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
OK, so the photo's there - at a smaller size than I uploaded it at, but it seems you need to click on the thumbnail to bring up a larger preview (anybody know any different ?). I notice that the uploading facility has really "softened" the photo, because on my screen the eye of the bass is seriously pin-sharp, and the preview here is somewhat softer..........
What mpx size is your original Henry. This one's only 59.8kb so it could have been through compression, thus reducing the sharpness.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ummm thicko question alert... How do you upload directly from your computer rather than photobucket?

It looks as if Henry did in the OP, but I can't see the option.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I don't get a drop down facility, Andy.

I think I'll go and eat worms.

Wow, great to see Nats FATHER on here. The real Cornwall bass guru (there should be a Mutley snigger here, Nath. Just joshing old bean!)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Settings - Forum Settings - Miscellaneous Options - make sure to check "Enhanced Interface"

You will then see a larger kind of text editor when you reply to a post or start a new thread.

Click on the "Insert Image" tab on that text editor - then choose "From Computer" in the box that comes up, click "Select Files" down the bottom and do just that.

Not sure why my image came out all small though - nothing to do with megapixels if that is any help. The image was sized at 640 pixels across, will look into it, but perhaps the software just chooses to display them in the post as thumbnails that you need to then click on.

But there is some serious softening of the image going on.

Not that I am photo snob or anything like that !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts