The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night the phone rings at about half nine, my mate Steve wants to know if I can come out to play on Sunday. Quick check with the wife and I get the all clear!

So I decided to take him to that special place that Ben showed me in Southamton thinking we'd have a good chance of catching. Waking up at 4:00am (why do I do that to myself) I collected Steve on the way with the intention of taking an easy ride down and getting some breakkie on the way. Eventually arrived at 7:00 ish

We saw some mad man wading around in trainers and jeans which turned out to be Dave and he'd already had 5 fish before we arrived! After sorting out the car park and getting set up we hit the water but the fish just weren't really playing ball that day, a couple of hits but no hook ups and things started looking a bit bleak despite seeing lots of fish about, some just happily cruising past you in the water.

After a bit of lunch things started to pick up, the fish were showing a lot more and we started to catch a couple of the schoolies between us but for the amount of fish we saw it was surprising we didn't catch more.

Dave eventually called it a day but that turned out to be a bad idea! About an hour after we said our goodbyes the fish went nuts. It was now low tide and we hit part of the beach that looked a bit like the florida flats, waded out for about 60 metres so we were just up to our knees and were surrounded by boils and fish everywhere! Some of them were mullet but also plenty of bass, some of them were a lot better than most of the schoolies you see down there too. I clipped on a patchinko 100 in Nacre and waited... saw a nice boil to my right, cast out a few metres to past it..tap tap tap pause...twitch pause.....BANG! put up a lovely scrap as it had no place to go but just run. Not a monster but just over 3.5lbs it was very welcome.

Not much after that, a couple of schoolies on the tide minnow and I managed the snap the bib off it :(

Nice to meet you Dave, look forward to hitting some sussex marks with you soon if the weather behaves itself :)

And sorry to Ben, would have called you mate but it was very late notice. Also top water lures do work there!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice one Chad, and you definately deserved that one for sticking it out. But the 2.30am start was catching up with me.
Pleasure to meet the pair of you, Surprised we didn't get a whole lot more fish-good looking mark.
Will drop you a PM as soon as sussex is looking good.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
We saw some mad man wading around in trainers and jeans which turned out to be Dave and he'd already had 5 fish before we arrived!
New 'Ultra Breathables'???

Great report sir. Thats some early start as well. In fact at that point on sunday morning, I hadn't yet gone to bed...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mark,
It is the new fishing casual summer collection!!! Honest!!!

Chad being a gentleman, failed to mention the jeans were covered in mud, from a "learning experience" on the river Adur-Yeap that mud WAS deep and slippery!! happened the evening before.
No problem getting up to go fishing, Plus saturaday night wasn't a good night to be out wandering the streets of brighton!!!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ha ha Welcome to Gay Pride!!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
well done Chad, I may have to join you on one of these Southampton trips. Are you doing either Weymouth or the Welsh bumble?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Fishing my patch??? And Dave too! Might have to keep it quieter in future. Lol. Good fishing mate! Glad you got one of the better ones. Surface too send me a pm of where you got it. I think I know where you mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts