The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bored at home going through the lure box trying to narrow it down to 10 /12 lures for the early season assault on the bass what do you guys thing warrants to be in the box for the coming weeks....30 odd to choose from so who"s in and who"s not ?????

Attachments

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that is indeed a couple of Megaflash's I spy, they have got be a given!
never really had any luck on them last year Mark i take it they have done the buisness for you which colour would you say would be the best choice....

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Delicate as hell, but can be deadly! Green Mackerel-y is the one I have done best on, but then its the one I use most. I also remember Keith and Kev saying they do well on them painted yellow when fishing at night

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Pink Princess is looking well there, I might have to get in contact with her sister....

Ya gotta keep her in your box. :)[/QUOT
Well spotted Danny i think the pink princess is a give we boyt know the pulling power of the princess , south Wexford + pink princess = Billy Bass
For you guys wondering the princess is 3rd from bottom on the left A duo tide minnow slim 120 colourD23-DM i think...

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
some sexy numbers there mate. Patchinko, duo's, Feed shallows and the zonk are gonna get some silver flashin I reckon!
All the tricks Luke now we just need time on the water roll on another summer with 40/50 hours a weeks on the lures please god................

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Delicate as hell, but can be deadly! Green Mackerel-y is the one I have done best on, but then its the one I use most. I also remember Keith and Kev saying they do well on them painted yellow when fishing at night
Yes, broken moonlit nights.
Megaflash, when they first became available in France were awesome. I'd never seen hooks so sharp on a plug.
Crap bibs though but brilliant nonetheless.

I liked the standard darker grey mullet colour out of the box.

·
Registered
519 Posts
megaflash, good lure, only problem front hook catches on bib to many times in a session rendering wasted casts, works better without splits and cut hooks.

i would also choose the duo tide minnow slim, x-rap, plus a deep diver, play around with them and get at least one to suspend properly, maybe play around also with a surface lure of your choice when the suns out and starts to warm the shallows.

p.s, why do so many people only have one profile style of lure ?

kev

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here we go decision made 1 Tide minnow 145sld chatruse
2 Tide minnow 120slim silver/purple
3 Rapala X rap
4 megabass diver middle row 3rd from bottom
5 the almighty Zonk Gateride
6 Tide minnow 150 surf sand eel
7 Patchinko silver/black
8 Tackle House feed shallow mullet colour
9 Mega flash orange colour
10 K10 in ayu colour
11 Maria Chase holo silver

Thats is along with a bucket load of soft plastics which are my priority for this season have loads of new stuff to try out.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
west cork bass nut

for me it has to be the crystle minnow..a very successfull lure for me
in the early season last year...that would be the first to go in..

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good choices - only one surface lure tho'? could be worth adding a z-claw in mullet?
Alex will be leaving the surface lures for a little while as for more lures i am trying to tame the tackle whore in me at the minute but might be worth a look in the coming months..july august ,september....trying to stop the spending bought a load of stuff for Norway over the last couple of weeks.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
lures

Barry,

Great selection, I think we all have the bug at the moment for laying out every lure in the house on the kitchen table and dreaming about big bass. there won't be enough days in the year!

Barry, what is the lure (4th from bottom) in the middle row in the second picture? Have you had success on it?

Cheers
Colm

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi ya Colm its a tacklehouse k10 ayu patern its only brand new and unused comes highly reccomended though should account for a few Billys over the coming months any luck up the country on the lures yet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Love the colours on it, another one for the list!
Not much happening this end so far. A few small Bass (under 2lb) being caught on bait but thats about it.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well spotted Danny i think the pink princess is a give we boyt know the pulling power of the princess , south Wexford + pink princess = Billy Bass
For you guys wondering the princess is 3rd from bottom on the left A duo tide minnow slim 120 colourD23-DM i think...
I have one of those - picked it up from Pat G. Lovely looking lure !! Looking forward to letting her rip when the Shirley's return. I've done well on her Chartreuse cousin too !!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
mmmm

80/20 rule rules

5% of the lures catch 95% of the bass.

Is this your list of that 5%??

Mine would be about 2 lures and 2 soft plastics - I dunno why I bother taking the rest.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Love the colours on it, another one for the list!
Not much happening this end so far. A few small Bass (under 2lb) being caught on bait but thats about it.
very little happening in Wexford at the minute either Colm wont be long now till were on em..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts