The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Here is the access code to the brand new 2010 Megabass digital directory / catalogue.

Access code: 84312

http://www.megabass.co.jp/BBN/dic/book_swf.php

Find some time to have a good look at it, because there are some truly stunning stuff to see.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Vidar!!

Fancied one of those for the past couple of months myself Keith. Lovely!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suggested we set up our own Silver Shadow club as it's getting to be a bit sad, you'll be no.6 if you get one. We need therapy.
Therapy????? :shock::shock::shock::evil::evil::evil:

All the new, shiny and pretty stuff is therapy enough :-D:-D:-D

If I ever had the slightest doubt (I really hadn’t) about buying the 2010 Pagani F2-66XP Chaparral rod the new pictures on page 42 & 43 have totally removed any of it. What a stunning piece of kit that is all I can say :wackit::wackit:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I suggested we set up our own Silver Shadow club as it's getting to be a bit sad, you'll be no.6 if you get one. We need therapy.

Has anyone got a 7 - 17 though ?
You all bought Rhino prods in Nantes didn't you ?

I am so close to buying one it's unreal.
However, the Smith rod is challenging it too.

I still want my morethan 'shooting star'..

where does it all end ?

Perhaps it never does.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Thanks Vidar.

Now where do we get this stuff. Already spotted something way too nice.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Vidar.

Now where do we get this stuff. Already spotted something way too nice.
An email to Plat will get you anything from the Megabass catalogue though you may have wait a while depending on what you want.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks or the link Vidar, very nice stuff. Do you/anyone know what is the rationale behind the bended hand grip of many megabass rods such as the silver shadow series? Are megabass claiming better casting features?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks or the link Vidar, very nice stuff. Do you/anyone know what is the rationale behind the bended hand grip of many megabass rods such as the silver shadow series? Are megabass claiming better casting features?
Yes, indeed I do know about the bent rear handle (by the way, it is called a slant bridge handle), which is implemented on some of the Megabass rods, and I currently own a Mephisto, Rekkai, Diablo SB and a Silver Shadow in this design.

I may seem like a gimmick, but I can assure it is anything but and it really, really works well. The handle design aids casting (works more like a longer handle with its increased leverage) but at the same time it operates more like a very short handle when you are working lures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts