The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just watched this documentary that I was recommended by a freediving friend.

Erm, I can't say it was an enjoyable film but, it was in fact, a very well made and at times, extremely disturbing film about en mass Dolphin slaughter in this tiny cove in Japan.

An important film to be sure and one to make sure you don't let get the better of your emotions but these things are rarely seen on TV or promoted outside of very niche circles or film festivals.

If you have a strong composition I'd suggest you watch this film but be prepared to be shocked and choked a bit. Some horrific scenes and maybe, we shouldn't be so blinkered as to what is happening out there.

Just search for The Cove movie as there are trailer sites.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for that Keith was just browsing the site before i went to bed ended up watchin the whole film/documentary il behalf asleep tomorrow in work,really opens your eyes as to whats going on in the world, well worth a watch even though some of the scene s are graphic.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
I read in the newspaper the other day that the same thing goes on in Denmark. The purpose of it is that the youth can prove their manliness.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Watched this at the start of the year.

Well worth a look, opens the eyes a bit to what is really going on behind all the marketing etc.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Saw this when it was on a little while back. Not good. Some very, very disturbing scenes.

Then I look at this months Sea Angler mag and there is a section on how Seals should be culled as they affect fish stocks (one of the reasons given for the slaughter of these dolphins), it's brutal and there is no need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts