The Lure Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just say what a truly fantastic forum this is?!

The sea temperature for my usual marks is currently 3-4 degrees http://cobs.pol.ac.uk/modl/metfcst/irst/latest.php so I'm getting my angling fix by talking about fishing, and asking questions to prepare me for the spring.

I'm a relative newcomer to this side of the sport (18months or so) but it's so refreshing to be able to mix with angling luminaries on here without feeling any hierarchy or attitude, and having no discrimination with regard to angling methods or cost. Gents, you're all a real credit to the sport. I feel that I can post my personal ideas and limited experiences that may hopefully help anglers of similar ability to also take that next step without fear of being shot down (even if they are sometimes daft and go off on a random tangent!) It's a lovely mix of ability levels!

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Really glad you are enjoying it Rob,, hopefully we can keep it as is, and don't worry about going off on a tangent as i am renowned for it.. :muttley:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Well said Rob. The guys have done a great job in setting it up and getting everything running so sweetly. Great place to be.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Thanks Rob, and thank you for reminding us that there are anglers of all levels on here and we are all still learning. It is easy to drive ahead, continuesly talking about the latest tackle or methods, but many lads that are still learning should never feel they shouldnt ask a question in case its daft, we all learn from each other no matter how good we think we are.

·
Registered
519 Posts
that's a very thoughtful comment there rob, that was/is our intention for all abilities to share what knowledge they have without being shot down all the time and being made to look stupid in front of everyone, when that happens you have lots of people lurking, but not taking part due to fear of the same happening to them.

all the best

kev

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
Hi Everyone who has been involved in the birth and contributed to the organising of this forum.

I too would like to echo that sentiment by the OP

I have not been a member for that long and today was the first day that I had the time to have a proper trawl through the contents. There is a wealth of information within these pages BUT most importantly all information is put across in a very organised and helpful way. Opinions are exactly that and not put across in a "forced down your throat" way that I have found on other sites.

The site is a credit to it's organisers and indeed those who give their time up to help newcomers(like me!!).

Hats off to you all.

I will supply the pic later showing the standing ovation I'm giving you all!!! :)

C

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Rob F,
Right from the start the Guys who started this forum, wanted it to be a place for everyone. No matter experience,background or whatever. WE are all still learning, everyone has some thing useful to contribute.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
It's great to see this place growing. It's come a long way in a very short time. The membership is steadily increasing. The tone of the forum is excellent, with loads of detail, and a sense of humour . . . and we've clearly got a great bunch of guys on here.

I particularly like the fact that so many different people are posting on such a diverse range of topics !! It's hard to keep up with all the threads at times - which is a superb problem to have !!

I also remember the evenings early on when maybe just 4 or 5 of us would be on-line at a time !! We really have come a long way !!

"Build it, and they will come" !!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome Rob.
The guys on here are a great bunch.
I only started bass fishing last year and I'm sure that without the help and support you can find on here I would have lost the faith.
Good bunch of blokes and nothing is ever too much trouble.
Even managed to find the time to go fishing with one or two of them...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
It is a great forum. One where some people are constantly pushing the boundaries of what we do. Look at the threads on wrasse and 'mini species'. The more people experiment the more we end up being able to fish for.
The great thing is that it is not just about bass either. Start with your bass techniques, scale up or down and apply them to something else. Keep experimenting, learning and it all leads to more enjoyment. Usually via a lot of frustration on the way!
Very social too, look at the meets and the Nantes trip.
The best forum by far for the fishing I do by a long way.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
This is the best lure forum by far just how it should be the lads who set this up deserve a big pat on the back

a big thanks from me
kevin
Thanks very much Kevin.. The admin & staff have worked hard for this and also the members, without them and thier contributions
We would not have this place of sanctuary ..............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts