The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys just thought i would share what a happy place this forum is to come, I went on the wsf earlier which was the first time in months and true to form the first thread i came across was full of people arguing and abusing each other, which reminded me why i stopped going there in the first place.This forum is the total opposite and is a pleasure to come on here with like minded people who are helpful, informative and professional. So guys lets keep up the good work and keep the forum as it is for many years to come!!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
this site is sooooo good our site down under has come close to being closed due to pure abuse you just about need wellies to wade through all the --ap
hope i get home next year

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Dave,
I don't think anyone will disagree with that sentiment mate and as you say long may it be so. :clap::clap::clap:.

A large amount of this due to the people on the Forum them selves, we've had some particularly heated debates and disagreements with out it getting personal and nasty and that's how it should be with adults...I know we are just big kids when it comes to fishing but IMHO everyone has been very careful to respect other people's feeling/opinions.
None of this however would be possible if it wasn't for the people who manage the Forum and set up the rules that governs what we do and what we are allowed to do and are constantly at work in the back ground to keep the Forum as it is. The success of this or should I say the "great" success of this Forum is a reflection of them! Their ideals and their hard work....

WE OWE YOU ALL A VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS WORK....

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nothing wrong with debate and even disagreement - its when people fail to respect other peoples views that the problems start. I joined to help improve my knowledge and the forum has delivered in spades!

If I want abuse and arguments - I go to work. Fishing (and fishing related activities such as the forum) is about relaxation and de-stressing from lifes aggravations.

Reactions: Dave Watson

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
As a Moderator,
I have to say that the membership themselves are the real reason why this forum has such a relaxed/friendily atmoshpere. We mods don't have to "mod" much at all. As has been said we all have differing opinions, but here on the lure forum everyone seems able to state their case, and listen you others opinions without recourse to needless nastiness.
I have to say a huge Thank you to the membership for the way that conduct themselves on here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would like to add that being a novice-ish its great that people on here share so much ideas, techniques and other tips with out getting pi$$ed off with every new member thats a novice....well done to all ;) and thanks to the mods, admin and everyone else :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts