The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After meeting with a client for an intro session I finally ate some food and then went on to meet Mr Wabbitsan out on the coast.

within 20 minutes a Bass hit a 3" modified tail lure to a 5g head along the inside of a current seam.

That was basically it. A few bites, the tide in the high 20's, water now around 13, wind in the NE but lots of suspended weed in the water. Each chuck required lure cleaning.

After a fruitless hour Callum left. I stayed on because from experience I knew this mark 'could' switch on.

Anyway, the prophesied time came and went but NO fish, NO takes..

I cycled through various OTD variations and slow constant retrieves and stops, fallbacks etc..

Nothing.

In the Eastern sky there was a low red glow as the moon just started to appear.

Just as the moon came into full shape a bite. A nice Pollack of 1.5lb

In the time it took the current to die, the moon to change from a deep reddy orange to white I had a few bites alright...

6 Bass, didn't weight em or photograph them. It was one a chuck. I glanced at one on the boga before I returned it and it was between 7 and 8lb most were around 4lb.

Weird isn't it. The first fish earlier with Wabbitsan was a sea rat of around 1 3/4 -2lb. All hope was pretty much lost yet...during this lunar event, fish switched on and off, inside a 30 - 40 minute window.

This has all happened before, and, it will all happen again. Night transformed in seconds..
A case of doing everything right but fish waiting for something..

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I've been starting to research a little more on the impact of the Moon, and it's phases. Interesting observation Keith.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
I've been starting to research a little more on the impact of the Moon, and it's phases. Interesting observation Keith.
Simon

I am noting moon rise & set now in my fishing log as I feel it is a massive time for fish feeding activity.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Cheers Keith and Nige. Been taking note of it for a while with a decent Ipod Ap. Unfortunately my fishing has been restricted to certain windows so timing hasn't been great generally. Keen to start taking notes though!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I have noticed fish coming on whith the moon rising before, when float fishing etc, but had never thought about the moons activity duing the day! How do you find out moon times during the hours of light? Is it pretty easy info to find?

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
I have noticed fish coming on whith the moon rising before, when float fishing etc, but had never thought about the moons activity duing the day! How do you find out moon times during the hours of light? Is it pretty easy info to find?

Lavers tide table booklets have the moonrise & set times as well as all the other tidal information in them. All on the same date of the year line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts