The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alarm set for 0600, thermals on, coffee in flasks, van loaded, wait..............more de- icing needed.
On the road for 0620 pick Danny up 0640, driving through Mcdonalds 0650.
On the road for 0700.
The further out of Plymouth we went the colder it got. It's a rare sight to see a devon beach with snow but this is what we were first greeted with.
Waders on we both headed down to the water. My hands where totally assaulted by the cold and to top it off on my third cast I had the pleasure of watching my newest lure ( a pachinko frosty, apt name. bought from Lure masters last Sunday) breaking free off the lure clip.
Not to be Pi**ed off too much I decided to attach my other Pachinko on only to get a wind Knott and loosing it to a craggy rock formation.
Anger took over as I shouted "i'm going home" only to take a spectacular fall on kelp moments later. relieved not to have ripped my waders I calmed down.
A few hours later we both blanked and took the walk of shame back to the Van.
Why is it when on the way back to the van after blanking you always meet a smart [email protected]? " catch anything boy's?" "NO" we politely reply. " well can't see why not one of the local ladys round ere has a swim every morning, she said theres loads of bass in there" it's at this point I feel my self reaching for a fresh giant xlayer to slap him around the face with.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Andrew thats some serious losses, assuming you were fishing just inside murrays rocks you should have been able to find at least the snagged one as the tide fell. knowing the current there it may be worth a recovery trip in the kayak on springs.
i have some serious christmas drinking tom night but am up for a bit of getting wet once i sober up.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Pea,
I think kayak will be the answer to retrieving the pichinko, we were fishing down to the low so waders were no use due to the distance. It's a little cold for a swim at the moment but if i see the local lady i might ask her to swim in amongst the weed.
I think I might be done for fishing this year, unless I can squeeze in a devils or mountbatten or unless I spend a whole load more on LRF gear.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Top marks for effort Andrew and I share your pain with the losses! Its almost bearable when you get snagged but when it could have been avoided and you still lose them....:evil:

And then when someone helpfully tells you that 'a bloke had 6 here yesterday', you think it worth the price of a new Tenryu to beat him to death with yours!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Excellent report there mate, i grieve your losses for you mate. I fished another mark thatt hel good fish till the weekend now nothing there on the bass front. I will be trying to bang out a couple of wrasse through the winter. Apart from that then the LRF fund has to be stocked over the winter i think.
Good effort for getting down there, though mate it must have been bitter.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well done And. I was was hoping you would pad it out a bit, didn't feel comfortable reporting on your losses, the fall however was awesome! At the time I was glad you had split your rod down, because if you hadn't I reckon you might of ended up with more than two bits of red rod!
You know when someone is so pi!!ed off that you can only laugh on the inside?
Well done for staying out there. Fish would of been nice though!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Guys - Nathan and his Dad were saying that the bigger bass are caught in winter and that there best month for them is January. Probably depends a bit on the weather but you west country guys at least shouldn't give up just yet!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Nice truck Andrew, shame about the weather!
Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
381 Posts
and lose the lure clip - just tie the lures on....

good effort though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts