The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed any light on the C&R measure for the Weymouth do (i.e. what am I getting for my 15 squid?)

ta

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
We have managed to scource some rulers that were almost perfect, so with exchanging emails with the company we have managed to get them to make us some folding 90cm measures. Here is a link to the company making them for us;

http://www.tkrfishinguk.co.uk/tkrfishingruler.htm

We have managed to get the forum logo on the measures.

We had been going over the whole C&R sections of the Jersey and Weymouth competitions and it just was becoming more confusing with lots of great suggestions but the practicallity of getting/making the ideas was just too time consuming. Quick solution, a hard measure that does not bent around rocks etc. Everyone has the same measure, easy to use, fish lays on top with nose touching base and the longest part of the tail is the length.

The measures are costing us £10 each, there is a £25 delivery to us here, and I will be posting some to anyone that wants to take any to bumbles etc. If you just want to order one from me then just phone me, we decided on £15 delivered, so any money we do make (which is a long way off) will go towards the forum costs.

Everyone will therefore have the same measures, there will be no moaning that a tape measure is bent or not in the right place, and of course if we can come up with a better alternative then please let us know.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi ****,

Do they have the NSFA minimum sizes on them like the TKR rulers do?

90cm? Now there's optimism!

Tony.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
They look terrific, durable and re-usable. Sorted!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Will there be plenty available on the day? If not, **** or Mike... Can you save me one and i'll get it when I'm down there?

·
6,295 Posts
I actually sked them not to put any minimum sizes on them, we all know the LMS and you never know if its going to go up someday anyway.

I have got 100 on the way! So there should be enough for everyone Chad.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers mate

·
6,295 Posts
I have heard the measures are finished, I should be getting them this week. The makers have asked if we ever get any nice pictures of fish on the measure (er, yeah, we should have one or two!) if we could pass them on and also comment what we think of the rulers, they would appreciate it.

·
6,295 Posts
Well the measures have arrived today and they are sound for what we need for now. If anyone wants one they can phone me, and I can send a bunch to anyone that want to organise handing them out in their area. With them costing us a tenner each and the postage to get to you we recon £15.00, the profits going to forum costs and prizes etc. These measures are going to make catch and release photos alot more equal to everyone.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well the measures have arrived today and they are sound for what we need for now. If anyone wants one they can phone me, and I can send a bunch to anyone that want to organise handing them out in their area. With them costing us a tenner each and the postage to get to you we recon £15.00, the profits going to forum costs and prizes etc. These measures are going to make catch and release photos alot more equal to everyone.
Get one in the post for me **** :-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts