The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alan called me this morning and off we set for our mark in hope of catching a sea trout.everything looked good it was a lovely morning sunny light winds but bitterly cold.on with my p-boy jig it worked 2 weeks ago so why not again and about 15 minutes later bang fish on i couldnt believe it i shouted alan im in i could see him scrambling to get the camera out.i could feel this fish was a bit better than my last one and again i was praying it would not get off but as it got about 6 feet from me it went crazy and shook itself free i was SICK to say the least.after lots of cursing and swearing i calmed down and saw that a piece of the poor trouts mouth was left on my hook but id say it was ok it swam away fine actually like a bullet.so i was sick i didnt land it but i was happy to hook it now i know my last trout was not a once off so as arnie says ill be back.

the date on the camera is wrong it was this morning and the water was crystal but you would not think that by the pic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
tough luck pat,sure looks cold in that pic! they seems to be good numbers of them about though,so maybe next time:)
the easy part is hooking into one not so easy land them eh? hoping to get out over the next few days meself mate

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ye ill probably bump into you i wish the temp would rise a bit i thought my toes were going to snap off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You said it the way it was Pat! Sorry about the date on the camera,I myself was surprised the way the water looked on camera?
judge'n the day, if it was the same day later in the year(a month or two) I'd swear we would have get a lot better result!
can't wait for the next outing.thank's Pat!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts