The Lure Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do the blokes in the pub always catch bigger fish than me? Just yesterday morning in fact, from a mark I have fished twice since, two guys left with a bag of fish all of which sounded bigger than my PB. What am I doing wrong? Apparently they caught on 'jelly worms'.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Why do the blokes in the pub always catch bigger fish than me? Just yesterday morning in fact, from a mark I have fished twice since, two guys left with a bag of fish all of which sounded bigger than my PB. What am I doing wrong? Apparently they caught on 'jelly worms'.
Ben they probably cant estimate the weights properly.
I remember 20 years ago as a typical example a bloke who had caught a 'big' perch from a gravel pit I was fishing,two and a half pound plus he said.
When I saw it, it was all of a pound maximum.

·
Registered
849 Posts
It was this big [_______________________________________________] honest!!!

reality........... [_________] Just hold it closer to the camera at arms length!

Fishermen will be fishermen! :D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Everyone up the pub has caught a bigger one & a better one. Best bet is to join in and lie your arse off with them !! Whatever they claim - you claim bigger & more ;)

:rofl:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Ben, the good fishermen who really catch big 'uns rarely brag about it as they don't want anyone to know where they've been or what they've caught so I would take it with a pinch of salt.
Either that or you're crap coz they can catch 'em on jelly worms!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts