The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is an often mentioned technique in Japan for SeaBass, where it generally done by fishing Vibration lures. The idea I believe is to cover lots of water at speed and rely on the chase reponse of the fish to get takes. Ie like twitching something past a cat will get it to swat at it, regardless of whether it looks like a mouse or not. Now we over here in the UK don't tend to use this technique that much, but I think it does have some merit. By covering lots of ground quickly, you are better able to find isolated areas that are holding active fish (having found them, you can then target them with any technique you like). Rather than blindly concentrating on a smaller area that may or may not hold fish.
Now it isn't just a hooked or landed bass that you are looking for with this technique, boils,flashes, bumps or basically any thing that indicates bass. That is the result that you are looking for.
Personally although I do use this technique, I tend to pick a lure suited to the area -Shallow - then a Feed, slightly deeper the SLD-F, but the basics are the same. Quick retrieves, Pay VERY careful attention the feel of the lure and the water through which it is passing.

I really hope that some of the other members will add their thoughts about this technique, and the gear they use for it.

Reactions: James Davis

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have tried it but have had little success so far. But having said that I haven't caught using other methods on the same session. Lure of choice for me is the trusty Saltiga Minnow but I have also used DC-9 Terrif and occasionally Daiwa vibration baits. I will keep trying though!

·
Registered
519 Posts
both me and keith have used/use this technique for a while now and had plenty of fish with it, it does take time to learn and have confidence in it, you can use any lure that covers the water quickly to find fish, using crank baits and lipless baits for weed ripping is one of them, just tick the weed tops with the lure, then rip the lure hard to generate a fast action,that could/should get an induced take as such, you can and do lose lures this way if you get it wrong, so be ware.

kev

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,
Great article, which is kind of what got me thinking about this technique. One question that did araise from reading your article is have you two noticed any difference between rattling and non-rattling lipless baits, and are you aiming for specific (small) areas to try and draw the reaction from. Ie normal retrieve, then rip it over a weed bed or piece of structure. Or is it general (broad) areas.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Guys,
Great article, which is kind of what got me thinking about this technique. One question that did araise from reading your article is have you two noticed any difference between rattling and non-rattling lipless baits, and are you aiming for specific (small) areas to try and draw the reaction from. Ie normal retrieve, then rip it over a weed bed or piece of structure. Or is it general (broad) areas.
Both Dave.

Rattle baits at night or in noisy water. Cuts through background commotion.

Silent ones in slicker, quieter water.

No rules though to that, more judged on the day's pattern.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great articles guys.

I have a few of these in my box and they really do vibrate like crazy when worked quickly. Good idea to cover a lot of ground and save time.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Keith,
It seems that everytime you write a piece for your site, I end up thinking and rethinking what I do and why. Which is the only way to improve-Many thanks for the effort you put in to your site and this one.

·
Registered
519 Posts
dave, i think i can speak for keith on this one as well,

if your doing something fishing wise and you have no idea why your doing it, then you need to re think the why's, how's and do's if that makes sense,

kev

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get lucky once, then work out why you got lucky.
Totally agree

1 - 11 of 11 Posts