The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to add another 9 foot + rod for those days where wind and distance dictate it. I have narrowed it down to these two. Does anyone own either of these, please throw in some input on this, what seems to be a tricky choice.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
For me the Dragon is way too powerful and long.
If you need something thats a similar length then I would look at the 'Ultimate' one,,,,,but why not go for the RB270 ?
You have the extra length and power if you need it for UK plugging,I had one of these and thought it was brilliant for heavier work 'But' too powerful for normal use.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In defense of the Dragon (which I have) , tested against the Ultimate it casts further, which in windy conditions must be a plus.

To be fair I've only used the Ultimate for a few minutes so can't really comment on its affect on plugs compared to the Dragon , however if you're seeking the most powerful rod ...look no further !

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input, I have chosen the Ultimate one, and look forward to trying it out on my next session. Nick, I have the Rod bar, just wanted some extra length for those vertigo moments:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts