The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have been thinking of new luggage for lure and mullet fishing since all of my fishing is extremely mobile.
I used to use chest packs and backpacks though never liked them reading bens article in sea angler this month. Does anyone rate the sling bag by ultimate or experiences?
Seems ideal for carrying my lures cases and also my mullet tackle box when stalking.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
If you do a search Mike you should find plenty of references to it.

I have had one for over a year now, and it's still going strong. It handles a couple of lure boxes, some s/p's, and the usual bits & bobs no problem. It'll also take a drink & a few other essentials.

Ideal for a short session. The only negatives are that it rides a bit low on your hip, so can get wet when deep wading, and that it tends to swing around when rock hopping.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Mike I invested in one from **** a few weeks ago after my Sakura waist pack fell to bits.
I think it is supurb and is just what I was looking for.
Well Impressed...............

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys iwill do a proper search through htis mornng though id does seem to be just what i was looking for i have to say. :wink:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have read through all posts in relation to this bag and in the past i have used, snowbee backpacks, chest packs orvis, fishpond ect and i never did like the styles too many things get caught up.
A lot of reading later it would appear this sling bag in the way to go for longevity in different styles.
By and large, every chest pack or backpack will get a soaking and full of water at some point.
So even deep wading it will be interesting to see how they cope with a good soaking though with the low cost definately worth investing in this.
Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was doing a mullet session this morning and use the sling bag i bought and i had to admit it held all of my gear and feels good for mobile angling in general thanks to all for advice and pointers.

tight lines all:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts