The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had bigish tides this weekend so I knew the fishing could be pretty good at a couple of my favorite spots (that, plus all the other bass catchers were at some thing in weymouth).

So with that in mind I popped out friday after work to a hightide mark and had a couple of little bass in a couple of hours. Got dark, went home.

Then the next morning (saturday) I headed out to fish a mark from just after low tide, up. It was an early one and still dark and within a few cast, boom... fish on. The thing that made this fish so fun was the fact it hit at the end of my cast. Quality little scrapper. Photographed and measured and back to the fishing.

My mate had a nice one soon after and hand lined it up the rocks.... leader snapped... What a kn** head. We then moved onto the other side of the gully and fished light 3" shads over a boulder filled gully. The current at this particular mark is pretty mad at high tide. So it was a case of cast up stream and let it swing back down, keeping a tight line and staying in contact.

It didn't take long and I was in again. This one was a bit bigger and went like a train on the TR4 (love that rod). Then within minutes my mate Ben was in to a nice fish. By this time it was high tide and full light so it was breakfast time.

The next day we went back to that same mark, at dawn (tide was low). There wasn't much movement so I told Ben to bang on a surface lure. (well actually it was Bob that told us to try them at this mark. So thanks Bob).
Within the time I had re tied my leader knot he was on. He cast out and got himself a windy and whilst he was undoing the knot, bang fish on. About 2lb.

I thought we were on to a good session!!

So as the tide was coming in quite fast I put on a softie and a few casts later I was hit, I honestly thought I had struck into a snag, until it started to run. After an immense scrap it surfaced and was landed. It was a wrasse, the biggest I've seen (in flesh). Measured photographed and returned quickly. We reckon this was about 5lb maybe bigger but as I didn't have my scales it doesn't go into the challenge. Wasn't that gutted as it was a great fight and I now know which hole this animal lives in!!!

Sh*t, I'm talking to much. Long story short. As the sun came up we had many more wrasse but no more bass. Ben had a wrasse around the 4lb + mark too.

Home time.

Oh and that night I took my mum bait fishing and we had some bream, smooties and lobster. So not a bad weekends fishing. hahaha I said bait!!

Pictures are in no particular order.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures.........

The pictures were ALL taken on a phone, so not of great quality and to be honest they don't really do the wrasse justice haha.

Hope you enjoy the report.

Attachments

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
You need to get a new camera Ritchie, all those photos are blurred :wink:

Nice report

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well in Richie, some decent fishing there mate, that wrasse is a monster.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The pictures were ALL taken on a phone, so not of great quality and to be honest they don't really do the wrasse justice haha.

Hope you enjoy the report.
Not bad there m8 ;-)

these phone camera's not doing fish justice!

I need to get a half decent camera before catch any more fish that deserve more!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely report there Ritchie, and some very nice angling :clap: :clap:, looking forward to seeing you in just a few weeks :D.

p.s. Luke will be glad you didnt weigh it ;).

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lovely report there Ritchie, and some very nice angling :clap: :clap:, looking forward to seeing you in just a few weeks :D.

p.s. Luke will be glad you didnt weigh it ;).
Same here mate.

Luke would still be winning mate and besides I couldn't think of a better person to win tbh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts