The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning,

Rented a cottage for the weekend in the Pembrokeshire, popped out for a few hours before the missus and baby woke up. Headed to a mark which I found on Google maps but I would have been cut off within half an hour, so walked to the other end of the beach which didn't look half as good but better than not fishing.

After 60 mins of nothing, I gave up, one last cast away from the rocks towards the foamy water from the breakers rolling along the beach my feed shallow get nailed. A nice fish looking (its amazing the difference in colour of sand caught and rock caught fish) of 2 3/4lb.

About 30mins later another cast towards the beach and mullet feed shallow gets nailed again, the drag starts doing its job, a lovely bend in the RLSD and about a couple of minutes later a nice 4lber gets washed up onto the rocks by a big wave.

Really good news is the Bass seem to be up here in some numbers now :D I only got 6 fish last season and now have 3 in the last two weeks.....hope its a great season for everyone

Hywel

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Brilliant work Hywel, and 2 very respectable fish landed there !!!

As you mention, a cracking early start to the season :clap:

·
Registered
48 Posts
amazing start to the season hywel look foward to seeing the pictures!! Good size fish as well

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Hywel! Crazy how much of a difference in colour the near rock and near sand caught fish can chage in colour. One mark I fish, I catch proper dark fish on one side, but if I go 20 yeards over the sand, the fish colours are TOTALLY different. They turn almost milky. Weird. Good work!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hywel - bass hero! Lovely to read about some Welsh bass at last. I think young George and I will be heading out tomorrow (far West) to see if we can get this season started. Very encouraging to hear! You will have been beaten yoor 2009 season tally by the end of May no problem. Hoorah!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice one Hywel...

Good to see you doing so well..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts