The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just a quick one ,Fishing at 6am this morning found me on my fave mark after catching 11 fish yesterday hoped my luck would last, on with the sammy and fishing in very shallow water, just as the flood starts, on about 5th chuck only 15 yds out, sammy was engulfed very little water disturbance sammy went into a black hole it seemed, then van staal clutch started screaming and tenryu top water had a nice curve, I gave it welly as wanted to keep good hook contact after 10 minute fight brought the fish to the shallows and was a happy chappy!! After weighing and photos the fish weighed just over 8lbs and the biggest ive had on the top water. The hook actually fell out as i beached bass and i had only 1 hook point holding fish, how close i came to losing this fish.

My luck was in but as i got back to the car realised i lost my car keys with front door keys attatched, Managed to get them back but after calling the RAC and having to renew my membership!! but what a session. Will load pics up today.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/IMG]
Hi just a quick one ,Fishing at 6am this morning found me on my fave mark after catching 11 fish yesterday hoped my luck would last, on with the sammy and fishing in very shallow water, just as the flood starts, on about 5th chuck only 15 yds out, sammy was engulfed very little water disturbance sammy went into a black hole it seemed, then van staal clutch started screaming and tenryu top water had a nice curve, I gave it welly as wanted to keep good hook contact after 10 minute fight brought the fish to the shallows and was a happy chappy!! After weighing and photos the fish weighed just over 8lbs and the biggest ive had on the top water. The hook actually fell out as i beached bass and i had only 1 hook point holding fish, how close i came to losing this fish.

My luck was in but as i got back to the car realised i lost my car keys with front door keys attatched, Managed to get them back but after calling the RAC and having to renew my membership!! but what a session. Will load pics up today.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/IMG]

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Lovely looking healthy fish, and taken off the top as well ... great job!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes mark it only measured 62 cm but on the reuben heatons 8lb, Very stocky fish had to give it some power as fish was hooked close in, but it really took off at a rate of knots the van staal clutch made sweet music.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Beautiful fish and nicely photographed too! Just you just love seeing nice fat bass as opposed to long and thin ones. Mind you, I'm not that fussy when catching them. Just afterwards when you're sitting and reflecting on your day or nights fishing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats what i tell my girlfriend anyways. lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm sure this is all about landing nets and bass ;)

Long and thin, slips right in and doesn't please the ladies.
Short and thick, does the trick and brings out better babies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts