The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just returned from a week in Waterville (Co kerry). The Bass fishing was moderate. HOWEVER, a party of Italians (who were filming a documentary), bagged up using Sp's. The rods they were using were Lamiglass 7' casting c7g to 21g. Does anyone know where I can purchase a similar(ish) rod, for less than £100 or so?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is a small world, and also you live just up the road from me! Nicola is a mighty good fisherman, wafting his tiny rod with the SP's. This was all a new experience for me! I'm itching to give the sp's a serious bash, but I am trying to source a rod, without paying the earth. It may have to be a Nicola/Lamiglass special, but I'll see what recommendations come in before parting with hard earned.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Was the Lamiglas 3 piece?
Last year I had a Lamiglas 7ft 3 piece 7-20gm blank custom built. If it is the same blank, the rod is a saltwater popping rod blank and designed originally for fishing live shrimp under a popping cork in the gulf of Mexico or similar for bonefish, redfish, sea trout etc. It is a nice light blank, fairly fast action with a soft top half and powerful butt. There are better SP rods out there but it is still a very good rod.
There are a few similar rods on the Lamiglas, St Croix and G Loomis websites but you will likely find cheaper European rods Like previously suggested drop shot rods would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks. Yes it was a 3 piece. I note your comments about the drop shot rods and I will keep my eyes open. Many thanks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
got a shimano dropshot a month or so ago and have to say it is impressive for the money lovely tip and a lot of backbone.
cheers

·
Registered
554 Posts
yup thats the one, i have the 8 footer though and the balance is good so i can only imagine it would be even better on the 7
cheers

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have had the 7foot Shimano dropshot for just over a month and cant recomend it enough!!! fantastic little rod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts