The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost this minnow yesterday evening on a rocky mark, I have never had much luck with it. Is it worth replacing and persevering with, any thoughts?
Grant.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Grant,
The SLD-F 125 has been my most successful minnow lure this year, and I caught lot of bass on it last year as well.
Casts really well, works well from a slow retrieve up to ripping it in, twitches make it dart well.
The colours that work well for me are the Smelt (H134) and the Cut throat Pilchard (H94)
For me personally I think the SLD-F is the best of all the Tide Minnows.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave, not sure what i,m doing wrong maybe its that confidence thing! Was in two minds above its replacement but based on your advice I'll put one on my next order list. I had some success on the tide minnow slim175 recently but a the moment the Daiwa Shoreliner 170 is proving better.
Grant.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Grant,
You might not be doing anything wrong, sometimes the bass want a bigger lure, sometimes a smaller lure. If your getting results with the TM175 Slim and the Shoreline shiner 170. Stick with them. Worth baring in mind that in Autumn bigger lures seem to have the edge, early in the year smaller lures seem to have the edge.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think the 125 SLD-F is a cracking lure, and can handle choppier water well. I rate other shallow lures better (like the feed shallows), but for calmer condition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts