Tideminow 200 | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Tideminow 200

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Chub

Sh*t! another lure for the wish list :bangin:

2. Perch

Nathan
    I have used the rapala sliver SL20, which has a body of over 8 inches,and have caught a lot of bass on it even a 3lb bass will take a lure of this size.
    when live baiting for bass i use launce over 10 to 12 inches long and the same size mackerel,even small bass will take baits of this size I don't think there is a to big bait or lure for bass,
    Allan

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

that's what I thought,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Perch

I have had bass under 2lbs on my DTM 200, but I do prefer the 175 Flyer personally. I find it is more versatile and casts better.

4. Bass

Nath I keep mine in one of these Plano boxes, along with 175 Flyers. Just take out all the deviders.

http://www.summerlands-tackle.co.uk...compartments/aa4b821f4075f171ce14facb1b4cd03a

tightlines,
    Rob

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sea Trout

The lure certainly isnt to big for bass. Look at the largerst type of the shorelineshiner. Thats a killer too. Here in summer some anglers use big live shad for bait (bigger than the tm200) and they catch lunkers. Bass feed on mackerel ,whiting and pout and dont seem worried by the size of their prey. But maybe these larger lures will be most effective in late summer and autumn for surffishing. I tend to use smaller lures in the early season because I believe bass in general hunt for small preyfish
    But then again that theory might be false.

6. Sandeel

The Tide Minnow 200 worked very well for me last year, had bass to 4.5lb on it and it often outfished smaller lures such as the Tide Minnow 145. There was a session i had in north wales last year where i had 2 fish in 2 casts, both around 3lb, with the tide minnow 200 at a mark where there is a very strong flow of water. I don't know but it may be because of competition for a 'bigger meal' or the fish only expending the energy to hit, what they think, is worth there while in the fast flow, we'll never know ha but at this specific mark the larger Tide Minnow works a lot better

Sam

• Like Like x 1
  7. Perch

Hi Gary , do you fish round the cages from your boat or the shore,Ive fished round these myselfwondering whats going to happen when I reel the fish towards them from the shore I've also seen lots of Salmon around these cages.

8. Sausage!

trev ide sat 2-3foot mate slightly shallower on slower retrieve,i fish all mine with twitches and pauses and nail them

9. Pollock

Thanks Gary, that really informative. I have lost a couple of what felt like good fish last summer to Lobster pot cables…:-?
    The fish start heading towards the buoy then…dong… it all goes tight around the cable securing the buoy, then there off…:-(

10. Pollock

John,

I know the feeling well !....and theres nothing you can do about it when fishing from the shore when a nice Bass has done a couple of turns around a pot...Ping !.. but if fishing from a boat or Kayak just move towards the pot buoy and twist the rod and line the opposite way the fish has gone around and she will be free but if the exposed trebles have got a bite on the rope it,s TA TA ...unless your feeling energetic and lift the pot up ....not advisable in case you get shot....lol

11. Pollock

I think I lost three Bass and as many lures to cables / pots last summer. I bet the bloke who owns the pots makes more out of selling lost lures than Lobsters..:-D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Perch

Thanks Gary , very interesting as always , I haven't lost any lures in these areas yet ,I suppose that means I haven't been trying hard enough. I will be spending more time round them this year.One disadvantage though , fishing the tide up I won't be hanging around till low tide to pick up any snagged lures.
    Cheers Gary.